OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rubber boot users

Started by fallhnt, July 21, 2016, 01:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fallhnt

Looking for a new pair of rubber boots. I love my Muck boots but they don't hold up to the use I put them through. I was looks at La Crosse. Does anybody use these when hunting in the rough thick stuff? Do they hold up?
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

SwampRooster17

I've got a pair of the lacrosse burly rubber boots. I've had them for three years and they have no leaks and held up pretty good. We hunt pretty thick woods and I've had no problem out of them so far. These boots also outlasted my brothers mucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TerryLNanny

The Lacrosse rubber boots are probably not as good as the Muck's. I've had two pairs in the last few years. The sole came off one pair, and the other developed cracks any where they flexed. They use to be good boots, I think everything is made in China now.
The Gobblers I've had the pleasure calling in have never been the same.

dirt road ninja

Lacrosse Grange. I've used them for at least 20 years and they are durable and comfortable. The Grange used to be the standard issue boot for most southern deer and turkey hunters. I used to not trust anyone who showed up wearing something else unless it was freezing. I still wear them for deer, but now wear Chippewa snake boots most of the time when chasing turkeys.

renegade19

Lacrosse alpha burlys when it's colder, Bogs Bighorns when it's warm for me.  Only hunted the Bogs boots one spring so far but they were good.

gaswamp

I have had Lacrosse and Mucks, but if you want a serious boot that will last buy LeChameau.....Read the reviews
http://www.orvis.com/p/le-chameau-leather-lined-mens-chasseur/207z

Swampchickin234

I've had good luck and bad luck with both plus other brands.  Seems to me like what someone else was sayi g, everything is made In China now, you just have to add the expense of boots lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wvmntnhick

I've bought a few pairs of lacrosse over the years. None held up more than a year or two. I finally broke down and bought a pair of Cabelas rubber boots. I'm not saying they're better quality but they do carry a lifetime warranty. That's good enough for me considering i buy new boots almost every year or at least every other. I'm hard on them for sure. My next pair of leather boots will come from Cabelas as well. They don't ask questions. They just replace them.

crow

for the last 5 years I've been wearing a pair of the Woody Armor by Muck-boot, I wear them hard including rabbit hunting(briars)

the tops are rubber and are rugged, when I bought them they were sold as snake boots.
they are almost as comfortable as regular muck boots, they also come off easier than my Lacrosse boots did.

they are wearing very well and I would buy another pair.

sasquatch1

jwright8

Always wore lacrosse alphaburly, but I think the new lacrosse stuff isn't as good as it used to be.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Farmboy27

I buy for comfort. A pair of boots that last 10 years are worthless to me if they don't feel right. I put to many hours in on my feet (both hunting and working) to wear a boot just because I think it will outlast another. That said, I love irish setter rut masters. The soles are coming of this pair after 3 years and I will have a new pair by fall.

sbbow

Lacrosse alpha burly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SteelerFan

LaCrosse Aerohead. Most comfortable rubber boot I've worn yet.

laker

I bought a pair of the 7mm Lacrosse Aerohead boots. Wear thick socks and stay warm for cold weather and with thin socks they are just as comfortable for warm.