OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington

Started by Eric Gregg, July 18, 2016, 03:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Gregg

I went to a local sporting goods store to pick up some ammo for my Glock, and I heard through casual conversation that Remington is starting to focus more on the big box stores, like Wal-Mart and Bass Pro, etc. than the smaller local guys. I was wondering if that was the case. Just wondering what is up with Remington if that is so.....

Greg Massey

No small or local stores left in my area to sell you a gun. We do have a few high price pawn shops. We have one gun shop that has a small gun store but he sales nothing but hand guns and stuff. He will order a gun for you if he can..It's like with the old small stores with gas pumps they have go to the way side...

PALongspur

Quality with Remington firearms (Marlin and H&R also) has taken a major downward turn in the last ten years. I was raised on Remington rifles and shotguns and luckily still have some old models that will last lifetimes, but there is no way you could GIVE me a new Remington. Sadly, they are but a shadow of their former selves.

Farmboy27

Quote from: PALongspur on July 18, 2016, 04:08:16 PM
Quality with Remington firearms (Marlin and H&R also) has taken a major downward turn in the last ten years. I was raised on Remington rifles and shotguns and luckily still have some old models that will last lifetimes, but there is no way you could GIVE me a new Remington. Sadly, they are but a shadow of their former selves.
While I agree Remington's are not the gun they once were, they will still stand up to anything that the average guy throws at them. And by all means, if some one wants to give you one, take it and then give it to me!  I'm not that proud!

Brian Fahs

I own several remington all 10 years old or older. They serve me well and will serve my future generations as well. 

Greg Massey

Quote from: Farmboy27 on July 18, 2016, 06:17:40 PM
While I agree Remington's are not the gun they once were, they will still stand up to anything that the average guy throws at them. And by all means, if some one wants to give you one, take it and then give it to me!  I'm not that proud!
x 2 agree, i have two new remington shotguns and they both are good guns..

outdoors

I HUNT WITH A REMINGTON 25-06 MY GO TO GUN
AND I BOUGHT A VERSA MAX FOR TURKEY AND I THINK THATS IT
I think Remington isn't as good as they us to be ........
A few years ago I bought a 750 woodsman auto and sent it back three times to get it to cycle
And they seem  to have it fixed but my confidence using the gun isn't there I oiled real good and put it in a socke and it sits in the safe .........
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Swampchickin234

Couldn't have said it better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swampchickin234

About 2005 in my opinion it started going down hill. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2eagles

I've got a Browning Silver, Browning BPS and a 40 year old Remington Wingmaster. Best gun and the one I'd keep if I could only keep one? Wingmaster!!

Meadow Valley Man

My waterfowl and upland gun is a 1972 Remington 870 Wingmaster.  It's been dunked, dropped, painted and generally abused, but that gun has never failed to fire.  It has never jammed. I've got other shotguns, but this is the only one I use in the fall, except for turkey.

USMC0331

Remington is selling to box stores and venders in each state, when a small or local owned shop wants to put a Remington in his/her shop they have to go to the vender, they cannot buy from Remington directly.

Eric Gregg

Thanks for all the replies..... I have been a Remington shooter for a long time and hated to hear of the quality going down hill. You couldn't beat a Model 700 and a 870 in you hunting line up. And the wingmaster is awesome.

I really hope that manufacturing across the board will increase in the U.S. I am tired of seeing China on the back of 98% of our hunting clothes and stuff.
That is a different subject for another post, but thanks for the info!

owlhoot

Bought a new 7 mag 700 last year, it is a shooter right out of the box. Haven't noticed any quality issues compared to my 20 year old 308.
870 turkey guns are both early 90's but a friend has a 5 year old 21" turkey and is just fine.
A supermag , maybe 10 years old when I got it . Did have a rough barrel and it needed a lot of polishing, a lot more than I was going to do on it ! It got sold .

turkeyfoot

I've got Moss, Remm, and Winch shotguns and I'll take the Remm all day just my personal choice all mine are 15 years or older