MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

BandedSpur

Quote from: lowoctane on July 22, 2016, 03:16:41 AM
:morning:
NEF, 12X3.5", 21" barrel= 5lb 4oz.  :camohat:

Don't even want to think about the recoil out of that thing.

lowoctane

One shot, one kill...
Pattern work off of a Lead Sled, 3" ONLY.  :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Dtrkyman

No actual weights but both of mine weigh too much, though the browning gold is much heavier than the sbe2.

Looking into a 5lb 20ga o/u.

paboxcall

Quote from: lowoctane on July 22, 2016, 03:16:41 AM
NEF, 12X3.5", 21" barrel= 5lb 4oz.  :camohat:

Same here, plus a factory original Bottomland finish. 

Quote from: lowoctane on July 22, 2016, 08:14:41 AM
:morning: 3" ONLY.  :camohat:

Me too, 3" only anymore.  What a joy to carry every day in the spring woods.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

decoykrvr

I've got several dedicated turkey guns and usually carry the lightest which is an Ithaca Model 37 w/ a Nikon VSD scope which weighs @ 7lbs 9 oz fully loaded.  Unless you carry an empty turkey gun, the "loaded" weight is what matters.  Over the years I've rigged out several single shot turkey guns for friends and still have a  "tricked out" NEF 10 gauge which I carry on rare occasions and luckily have never needed a second shot while carrying it.  However, during over 35 years of turkey hunting I have had several instances where a second shot was necessary to kill a gobbler (this has only happened once since I started shooting HTL shells 14 years ago). About 30 years ago, I had Mark Bansner cut the barrel of a 12 gauge Winchester Model 37 to 26", sleeve it to .665, lengthen the chamber to 3", lengthen the forcing cone, and add double beads w/ a fiber optic front sight.  I thought I had the perfect "run & gun" turkey gun which produced great turkey patterns, shooting the 3" Activ shells.  I hunted w/ the gun and killed several gobblers until I shot a large gobbler at about 35 yards which hit the ground and then jumped up and ran before I could reload the single shot Winchester.  I never recovered the gobbler and never hunted w/ the Winchester again.  I've replayed the scenario in my mind countless times and have yet to ascertain exactly what happened, but it convinced me to carry a shotgun which held in excess of a single shell.

Lonster

My Franchi 48AL 28 gauge weighs 5lbs. 4oz.

My Franchi Affinity 20 gauge weighs 6lbs. 7oz.

My Rem. 870 20 gauge weighs 7lbs.

Tail Feathers

My SX3 Universal Hunter 20 gauge weighs 6 lbs 10oz, the red dot weighs 6oz.  So I'm carrying 7 lbs plus whatever a Claw sling weighs.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!