turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How much does your turkey gun weigh?

Started by lunghit, July 05, 2016, 01:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lunghit

My SX3 came in at 9 pounds on the dot (unloadaed) with scope and sling. My SBE 2 came in at 7.8 with sling and no sights. 9 pounds is getting up there in weight so its a good thing I do a lot of sitting while hunting.

"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

reynolds243

6.2lbs on the M2 20 unloaded.

8lbs on the SBE2 with steady grip and ff3

Joshua 24:15
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

Sent from my phone sucka

howl

wvmntnhick

A lot more at the end of the hunt than at the beginning. Seems it picks up some weight when the walking starts.

As for actual weight, I couldn't tell you. It's a Mossberg 835 with a Simmons pro diamond on top of it. Certainly not a matchstick but it's not too bad. I'd say it's near the 9# range if I were betting but that's a guess.

mrclif

My Benelli Vinci weighs in @6.5lbs short 18.5 barrel, pistol grip with a Vortex venom on top, 20ga SX3 26" barrel with Vortex Venom weighs in just under 7lbs.

BandedSpur

Beretta 686 UL - 6.75 lb with sling, B-square cantilever rib mount and FF III

Rem. 1187 with sling and FF II on 336 base - 8.75 lbs...Feels like a boat anchor now and stays in the safe

nyhunter

Sand Man

my 20ga 870 is right around 6 pounds.

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

Happy

Mossy 835. Just under 8 lbs. Dot scope and sand in the stock. Unloaded.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

greencop01

:camohat:   My Rem 870 Turkey/Predator w/ red dot unloaded 7 lbs.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

lunghit

Damn. I guess I'm the only one carrying a cinder block around.

lunghit

Quote from: howl on July 05, 2016, 09:23:04 PM
Yildiz .410. Project for next year.

Thats like carrying around a daisy BB gun. Should be a nice project.

Farmboy27

Never weighted any of my guns. Some I call heavy and some lite. I know guys that carry around 15 pounds of gear in their vest and then say they can't understand how I carry my shotgun because it's so heavy. I don't understand how they carry all that crap in their vest! 

dirt road ninja

9.4 #'s - Mossy 935 with 26" tube, unloaded with sling.

Now my 11-87 youth 20 gauge weighs the exact same as my hunting partners 835 with a 24" tube. Can't remember the exact weight, but it was a little over 8 ready unloaded with slings.

grayfox

My 3" 870 with a sling & Truglo red dot weighs 8.25 lbs unloaded. But it has a magpul stock that makes it a little heavier but it's worth the extra weight to me.