OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I need to pick a turkey gun

Started by Life of Riley, June 27, 2016, 01:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AR Cowboy

I've been hunting with a Winchester SX3, truglo choke and Winchester Longbeard #5's. No complaints about any of them

870 has probably killed more turkeys than any gun out there.

Mossberg has a pretty cool 500 out there right now that you might check out if you are on a budget.

WyoHunter

Quote from: guesswho on July 01, 2016, 07:21:03 PM
I just recently bought a 20 gauge and set it up for my 74 year old Mom, who loves to turkey hunt.  I went with a Weatherby SA459.  I installed a Sumtoy 562 choke, topped it off with a Vortex Venon sight.  I patterned it with 3" Fed HW 7's.   After shooting it I have about decided to get another one for me and set it up the same way.  Wicked little set-up that I'm sure will prove to be deadly on turkeys.

Great choice. I'd also look at the Franchi Affinity in 20 ga or 12 ga.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

greencop01

:camohat:  About four years ago I picked up a new Rem 870 Turkey/Predator SPS Super Mag and never looked back. Shot it w/the factory HD Turkey/Predator choke, liked the pattern and so far, no bird shot at ever walked away. The short barrel doesn't get hung up in the woods and hardly ever have to prune back my set-up spots. Its the next best thing to sliced bread! Only draw back, muzzle blast if anyone is with you so I make sure I have ear plugs for company.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Dr Juice