OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Burned down

Started by MISSISSIPPI Double beard, June 25, 2016, 01:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

We found out our Huntin camp burned down sometime last week. Besides the hard work and money we had in it we lost 10 deer mounts and a couple of turkey fans and beards. A couple of members lost all their huntin clothes. Very sad time! I don't know if someone burnt it or if it was electrical. I would hate to think people like that exist but this world is full of hateful folks.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Greg Massey

Either way, i hate you lost your hunting cabin, our hunting cabin is just like our best friend, i would hate to loose it...I hope your going to rebuild...

TRG3

Unfortunately, there are those who get a kick out of burning down structures as evidenced in our area by old barns being torched as well as at least one hunting cabin. No one is ever caught, either. Hope you guys can rebuild and figure out some security for your stuff.

jed clampett

That's terrible news...hope it wasn't some lowlife getting their kicks...once had a trailer on our property that we used as a hunting cabin...someone shot it full of holes with a high powered rifle..sideways and length wise...looked like Swiss cheese...might put a few trail cameras out..sometimes they return to check things out

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Where we are located is pretty isolated. I hope we rebuild but I'm sure it will be on down the road. I'll be getting my camper ready to move down there.

guesswho

Man I hate that!   Evan though the outcome is the same,  I hope it wasn't intentional.    God luck in the future.   I know it's not much but if you or any of your members can use some old hunting related items like clothes etc. send me a pm and I'll see what I can round up.   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

KentuckyHeadhunter

Man that's awful.  I lost some deer mounts and a lot of turkey fans, beards, spurs in a storage unit fire a few years back.  It was hard to get back into hunting after losing nearly all my trophies.  I'm really sorry that happened to you guys.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Hooksfan

Sure hate to hear about it. I echo the sentiments off the others in hoping it wasn't intentional. That would bug me knowing they were still around.
Didn't lose anything in a fire,  but I did have an ex-wife sell about 20 turkey beards in a garage sale one time. Never figured out why she didn't sell the whole collection.

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

I appreciate it guys. I was lucky, I lost 1 shirt, a little ammo, bed an stuff in my room. I offered one member some clothes seeing how I have more than I need. We have several older guys that don't have many huntin years left. I really hate it for them.

Happy

Really sorry to hear that. If anyone needs some hunting clothes give me a yell. I gave away 6 sets or so lady year but I still have a few sets I can part with.  Believe everything is medium sized.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

outdoors

I FEEL FOR MAN , THAT FRICKING SUCKS
HEY JUST A THOUGHT YOU SAID SOME AMMO SEE IF THERES THE BRASS IS LAYING AROUND
IF NOT THEN THERES A GOOD CHANCE  THE FIRE WAS DELIBERATE AND THEY TOOK THE AMMO ...
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

hookedspur

We had one set on fire a few years back by some people that  were riding 4wheelers before we bought the property and stopped them from riding..

This happened back in WV and only once  ;D

People don't think !!

Sorry to hear bout it happening to yours.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Brian Fahs

Sorry to  hear of your loss. Be glad no one was  hurt and even though the camp is gone the memories remain. Use those memories to inspire you to rebuild and continue your tradition.

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Thank you for the kind words fellas.

Cut N Run

Sorry to hear your camp house burned.  That sucks.  I hope it was lightning that did it and not some sorry dirtbag(s). At least nobody was hurt. Your next one will be better.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.