turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Flooding in WV

Started by KYFrid, June 24, 2016, 05:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KYFrid

Hope all of you on here from WV are safe and well. My buddy just lost everything and I couldn't imagine what he's going through.

Thoughts and prayers from KY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KentuckyHeadhunter

What part of WV was affected?  My thoughts and prayers go out to your friend. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

KYFrid

Thanks. Mainly southern and eastern WV. Here are some pics of my buddy's hometown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wvspitndrum

There saying 44 of 55 counties under state of emergency,  death toll is at least 20 most recently , as KYFrid says mostly southern and eastern  part of state , we were very lucky in my county , prayers for all my fellow mountaineers !!!!

wvmntnhick

I'm not home currently but saw it on the news while at the beach. Made a few calls. Seems we didn't get effected with it up home but I've got some family in the Richwood region and heard they're under water as well. It's a mess. Hope everyone is okay and that those effected are able to salvage what they can. It's a real mess for many right now. Reports said they got 10" of rain Thursday.

Brian Fahs

Sure looks bad there.

Might take a while for some to recover from this.

JK Spurs

Prayers for WV....I have many friends and colleagues I work with in WV.
I like my turkey well peppered

eddie234

I'm in the northern panhandle, we got some of the rain but not nearly as bad as they did in greenbrier, nickolas counties, Prayers to everyone affected

Happy

Prayers for Wv. My grandad and grandma grew up in the Richwood area. Have family there still. Grandad is coming over tomorrow. Sure I will hear more tomorrow.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

wvlimbhanger

I live in Jackson County about 6 miles from where the toddler was swept away. I have friends or relatives in or around most of the areas seen on the news. We got 4 1/2 inches of rain at my house in a 12 hr period, the places with the unheard of flooding received 9-10 inches in that time frame or less. I have a friend in Greenbrier County whose son is on the fire department, he says several homes were washed away while people were still in them, dozens of folks are still unaccounted for. The photos I've seen on Facebook of towns and trout streams is unthinkable to say the least. One of the members on this forum, Zach lucas I can't recall his screen name, lives in Clendenin and lost everything. He can't even get to his home to survey the damage. I could ramble on and on about the devastation to the people of our state but you get the idea, it's as bad or worse than you see on the news.

KentuckyHeadhunter

My goodness.  The media seems to forget about our own.  I remember when this would have been a big deal.  Like 8 years ago.  Hint.  God bless all those affected by this.  This is devastating and I hope it gets the proper attention and resources required.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Tail Feathers

I checked on my two turkey buddies in WV and they are both dry and OK.  Prayers for those affected.  Some of the pics above are incredible!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

allaboutshooting

Prayers have been said for all.

Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

jed clampett

Prayers for those folks in WV....couldn't even imagine what that would be like..its definitely a catastrophe

Greg Massey

Lot's of prayers form us guy's and gal's in West Tenn..It's definitely bad...