OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Here is the latest ..... pappy

Started by pappy, June 13, 2016, 08:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

During the off season I try to keep busy..so I have been making a few knives, this Tanto is D2 Steel that I acid etched after shaping it...thus the grey finish, you can tell the difference where I put a final edge. This knife is unique in that all the edges are sahrp...including the saw teeth...the main cutting edge is 5" in length and the overall length is 11- 1/2" the handles are snakewood ...now I have to make the sheath....
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

crow

mwr

1tiogabowhunter

owlhoot

Chilly

Can't kill'em from the couch!!!!

Mabren2

Dr Juice

Beautiful work Pappy. I expect nothing less than awesome from ya!

All The Way!

vaturkey

Vaturkey

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

tomstopper

2eagles

I have a hard time keeping my knife sharp and you are making those? Who ever said "all men are created equal" was nuts!

pappy

"I have a hard time keeping my knife sharp and you are making those? Who ever said "all men are created equal" was nuts!"
the key to a good knife is being able to keep an edges, sometimes when it is heat tempered it is tempered only on the edge of the blade, some times only a very thin line is tempered, thus after a while the edge will not hold when it is sharpened. I heat temper the whole blade after it is sharpened 90% then come back and sharpen after the process. This blade has been tempered and oil quenched, this helps in holding its edge. I have just started making knives, some from stamped blanks in which you have to finish by sharpening and placing handles on and some from cutting them out of billets of steel like Damascus or d-2 or 01 WHICH IS ALREADY OIL HARDENED...I have found a new hobby....
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call