OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Recipe

Started by J.D. Shellnut, June 13, 2016, 11:38:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.D. Shellnut

Cooked a old bird yesterday and thought I'd post my recipe. I usually fry or make fajitas out of the breast but I think this is my new favorite. 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup 1 can of chicken broth 1 onion 8 potatoes quartered. Season breast to taste. I use tonys because I'm from la. Place everything in crock pot and cook on high for six hours. Easy and delicious! Post your favorite recipe if you have one. I'm always looking for something new to try. Thanks!!!
60% of the time it works every time!

BowBendr

Did you place a breast in there whole, or did you slice it up some ?

Gods of Thunder
2015 Old Gobbler contest Champions

J.D. Shellnut

I put it in whole. And when I say whole I mean half a breast or one side.
60% of the time it works every time!

turkeyfeathers

That sounds really good and I'd try it had I actually shot a bird this year.  :(

I generally marinate breasts in OJ and Italian dressing with a dash or two of crushed red pepper, wrap in bacon and throw on the smoker. You HAVE to drink beer while smoking bird though. Almost the most important step.  ;D

howl

We almost always fry it. Only other thing is pound out and grill for a sandwich. Coat in olive oil and sprinkle Italian seasoning mix before grilling.

BowBendr

Quote from: J.D. Shellnut on June 13, 2016, 02:47:57 PM
I put it in whole. And when I say whole I mean half a breast or one side.
Thank you Sir, I'll try it. Always looking for recipes, I'm fajita'd out.....

Gods of Thunder
2015 Old Gobbler contest Champions

TRG3

Your recipe sounds very similar to my wife's turkey pot pie which includes your ingredients plus a few chopped up carrots, celery, and diced turkey breast all tucked into a top/bottom crust and baked in the oven which is my favorite way to top off a successful turkey hunt.

Greg Massey

I like it just about anyway you can fix it..all your recipes sound great, i like making jerky with it also..

BillBlanks

Wow - some great recipes on here I've gotta try! 

One of my go to recipes is taking a meat tenderizer to one of the breasts, and then dipping it in egg, then into flour, back to egg and then Italian bread crumbs.  Fry it up a couple minutes each side in a pan with oil and add a little pasta sauce for some tasty turkey parm.

DC1.

Slice, salt and pepper to taste. Add a couple table spoons of mayo to meat and stirr until coated with mayo, then roll in parmesan cheese and italian breads crumbs. Bake on 425 for about 20 minutes or until done.

Cottonmouth

I like to cook the legs and thighs in the crock pot. Just add potatoes,  onions,  and carrots with some broth and cook for 8 hrs. After about 6 hrs, add about a cup of medium roux. Them tough legs will melt in your mouth. Got to have a pan of biscuits too.

MDSTRUTNRUT

Just did the Sweet Baby Ray thing last nite in the crockpot, my bunch ate it up.   Cleaned up and chunked up a breast, some water, salt & pepper and  a little SBYs.   On low 7-5 then dumped liquid, fork shredded and a bunch more SBR.   Be careful not to let it dry out too much I turned mine 1/2 way thru.    The fresh virginia seaside clams didn't hurt either.    Good & Quick after work meal.

MDSTRUTNRUT

MDSTRUTNRUT

sixbird