Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What pattern is this and was it a factory option?

Started by SCDieselDawg, June 10, 2016, 01:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCDieselDawg

Added this Mossberg 835 to my collection today.  I don't remember this pattern being available from Mossberg but then again I may not be old enough to remember it. 

davisd9

Not sure but she is a beauty and I am jealous!  Would love to have a picture with her beside ole tom!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

SCDieselDawg

Quote from: davisd9 on June 10, 2016, 01:03:27 PM
Not sure but she is a beauty and I am jealous!  Would love to have a picture with her beside ole tom!

You'd beat me if I told you how much I paid for it.   Came with a older .670 Pure Gold and a Simmons 2x ProDiamond.

Candyman

owlhoot

agent eight seven O

Yep, Mossy Oak Treestand and that is factory original. Awesome gun.

moonshine

Probably from the early '90's judging from the MO TS camo?  Regardless, good stuff!  And if you got a killer deal on top of it that just makes it sweeter!
www.facebook.com/moonshineleatherworks
www.instagram.com/moonshineleatherworks

jordanz7935

Beautiful old 835 you have there! I would of had a hard time not bringing that one home myself! Looks to be in great shape doesn't look like it was used too much by the looks of the slide action bars. And its setup to hunt with that puregold choke. You don't hear much about them these days, but puregold makes some real good chokes.Great find and good luck with it.

Happy

Good grab. Always loved those guns. They may not be as fancy or expensive as other guns but they doing a danged good job of doing what they were made to do.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Ralph-NY

Original mossy oak tree stand pattern and yes it was an option

Old Gobbler

I have a original mo jacket in that exact pattern , it's in very good condition too , I have a small collection of mo jackets ...I should show them off one day

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

VAarrowslinger

Mid to late 90's model there. Earlier models and the first generations had the corn cob forearm. That's a great gun there. Some of the earlier ones had some honing marks in the bore that a good polishing will help . I bought one brand new in early 90s and got lucky and the gun has a great bore and  finish. You found a gem and if you decide you don't need it...send me a PM please.