turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Beware of counterfeit broadheads!

Started by FAA_Support, May 31, 2016, 06:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FAA_Support

If any of you purchase broadheads online through Amazon.com, Ebay.com or Alibaba.com please be sure that the seller is an legitimate, reputable dealer and that you are purchasing the actual licensed product. There are several sellers who are offering counterfeit Flying Arrow Archery, Rage, G5, Muzzy, RamCat, Bloodsport, Dirtnap, etc. broadheads at incredibly low prices. PLEASE NOTE THAT THEY ARE FAKE.

These counterfeit heads cause problems for everyone who is a legitimate manufacturer or dealer because they are undercutting everyone's prices. The fake heads WILL NOT PERFORM like the real heads do, are less durable and can usually be identified because they come in colors that the real manufacturers don't produce.

Since Amazon, Ebay and Alibaba are technically brokerage houses, they can't/won't do anything to control what is sold through the sites or who is doing the selling.

Let's all band together to help keep our economy and the archery industry rolling! PLEASE, I IMPLORE YOU, ONLY PURCHASE BROADHEADS FROM YOUR LOCAL DEALER, CHAIN RETAILER OR DIRECTLY FROM THE MANUFACTURER.
Best,

Flying Arrow Archery
129 Village Dr.
Suite 102
Belgrade, MT 59714
1-855-764-4394
www.flyingarrowarcheryusa.com

wirtbowhunter

It seems that the Chinese knock off products that are sent over there for cheaper manufacturing. I know this isn't always the case, but I think that is a big part of problem. Some companies may have just checked on having their products made there and they were copied and sold.

Old Gobbler

There are loads of other counterfeit products on alibaba , Ali express, eBay  etc...

Fake scopes , fake optics even high end ones , fake rifle sights time Troy industries the list is endless with what they copy

The sad part is that it's near impossible to bring the guilty parties to  restitution cause they are half way around the world , if it is eBay however you can file a complaint with eBay and have their auctions taken down
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

wvmntnhick

This is definitely the case. I've heard lots of guys complain about getting burned with fake rage heads. Said that everything looks legit except they don't come with the sticker they're supposed to. I'd not put it past them to put a sticker in the package at this point. Like said, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.
Quote from: Old Gobbler on May 31, 2016, 08:41:33 PM
There are loads of other counterfeit products on alibaba , Ali express, eBay  etc...

Fake scopes , fake optics even high end ones , fake rifle sights time Troy industries the list is endless with what they copy

The sad part is that it's near impossible to bring the guilty parties to  restitution cause they are half way around the world , if it is eBay however you can file a complaint with eBay and have their auctions taken down
Fake leupold a are one of the biggest things going on eBay. Gotta know the background before buying a scope for sure. As for an eBay complaint, it can and will slow them down. It won't stop them as they'll reopen under a new name and what not, but it'll slow them down for sure.

mgm1955

Ozark870Hunter

This was a heavily debated topic on the AT forum. To my understanding, Rage wouldn't deny that their heads were now being manufactured in China and only assembled in the USA. And at least the "Rage" hypodermic knock offs on eBay were made from the same tooling as the real ones, but were just rejects that weren't razor sharp. So you sharpen up the eBay ones and you're good to go.
At $24 for 12, I ordered a pack.
They're pretty much identical to the $45/3 pack of hypodermics I bought out of necessity when I was bow hunting out of town.
The eBay Rages spin true, and weight is consistent.
I'm sorry but if a company (Rage) is going to outsource the production to China to lower their overhead and yet still charge $45 for 3 heads that cost less than $2 a piece to produce, I'm not sad that they're getting shafted from the exploited Chinese labor they're using to make millions.
United Front Armory
Custom built firearms
Top quality cerakote applications
https://www.facebook.com/UnitedFrontArmory/

Doug Lewis

I strictly bow hunt, and have hunted with all kinds of broad heads. I ended up with the Rage broad heads for obvious reasons. Two seasons ago I bought a pack of the "fake" Rages and haven't looked back. Same gaping hole as the originals. Only thing I've noticed with them is that they are a little noisy. They don't close tight like the originals. Other than that, they are just as deadly for a way lesser price. I'll keep on buying the fakes all day long.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Ozark870Hunter on June 01, 2016, 10:20:11 PM
This was a heavily debated topic on the AT forum. To my understanding, Rage wouldn't deny that their heads were now being manufactured in China and only assembled in the USA. And at least the "Rage" hypodermic knock offs on eBay were made from the same tooling as the real ones, but were just rejects that weren't razor sharp. So you sharpen up the eBay ones and you're good to go.
At $24 for 12, I ordered a pack.
They're pretty much identical to the $45/3 pack of hypodermics I bought out of necessity when I was bow hunting out of town.
The eBay Rages spin true, and weight is consistent.
I'm sorry but if a company (Rage) is going to outsource the production to China to lower their overhead and yet still charge $45 for 3 heads that cost less than $2 a piece to produce, I'm not sad that they're getting shafted from the exploited Chinese labor they're using to make millions.
Considering that the replacement blades are cheap enough, I wonder if it wouldn't be easier to just get the replacement blades and be done with it? I've never been able to sharpen blades that are short and thin like that.

Jbird22

I, like Ozarkhunter, bought a pack of the Chinese Ebay Rage Hypos last fall and they are very similar to the real thing. The blades are not quite as sharp but that's quickly fixed with a Lansky and strop. They do spin true and I see no trouble with their performance capabilities. The shock collars aren't as good as the originals but if you set them right the first time and don't fool with them they'll hold ok.

Ozark870Hunter

I've got a buddy who makes tiny medical tools for things like brain surgery. He's really good at getting small things sharp. Had him sharpen them for me and threw him 3 heads for the trouble.
United Front Armory
Custom built firearms
Top quality cerakote applications
https://www.facebook.com/UnitedFrontArmory/

WNY Bowhunter

Quote from: Doug Lewis on June 02, 2016, 04:48:31 AM
I strictly bow hunt, and have hunted with all kinds of broad heads. I ended up with the Rage broad heads for obvious reasons. Two seasons ago I bought a pack of the "fake" Rages and haven't looked back. Same gaping hole as the originals. Only thing I've noticed with them is that they are a little noisy. They don't close tight like the originals. Other than that, they are just as deadly for a way lesser price. I'll keep on buying the fakes all day long.

I used the knock offs hypodermics last season and they were just as deadly as the "real Rage" Chinese ones...plan on hunting with them again this fall!!!
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

TauntoHawk

Ammo and broadheads I'm just not looking to cut any corners ever. I'll pay full price and by what I deem the best to important a component

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>