OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Updated tutorial on adding photos to ads needed?

Started by HFultzjr, May 30, 2016, 09:22:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HFultzjr

In light of a number of members, (myself included), not knowing how to put pictures in their ad, perhaps someone would be willing to do a "step by step" tutorial on how to add pictures and it could be made a "sticky". Since it is a mandatory requirement, it may prove helpful.

Thanks,
Harold

BABS9

Here is how I do it...
1.) I take the picture using my phone. (iPhone) should be fine with any other phone as well.

2.) I then go to the pictures I want to post and email them to myself from my phone. Make sure the file size isn't too big. It asks me what size I would like the send them as and I choose medium. Which is about 200 kb.

3.) I then go into my email on my LAPTOP or COMPUTER. Go to the email I sent to myself and right  click the picture or pictures I sent myself and save into my documents. Make sure the file name has .jpg or other file types that are allowed. If you click the Attachments and other options tab below the allowed file types are listed.
NOTE:  I copy and pasted the allowed file types and restrictions below
Allowed file types: doc, gif, jpg, mpg, pdf, png, txt, zip, wmv, flv, wav
Restrictions: 4 per post, maximum total size 692KB, maximum individual size 650KB

4.) I then click the attachments and other options tab. Go to where it says attach and click the choose file button. When your documents come up go to the picture you saved and click that.
If there is more than one photo you want to post you can click the (more attachments) and another choose file will come up. Just like before click choose file and go to the other photo you want to post.
You can click the more attachments for up to 4 photos.

5.) Once your photos are chosen and your post is written all you have to do is click post.

Hope this helps. I'm sure there are other ways to do it just how I've always done it.
Billy

MattinIdaho

I downloaded the tapatalk app. Then you can just click on the app, search oldgobbler and find the forum you want to post in. Click on the picture icon and choose the picture you want off of your phone. It will ask small, med or large. I've always chose medium. After you've done it once it's just like sending someone a picture in a text on your phone.

Gobbleandgrunt

sbbow

Quote from: MattinIdaho on May 30, 2016, 12:04:56 PM
I downloaded the tapatalk app. Then you can just click on the app, search oldgobbler and find the forum you want to post in. Click on the picture icon and choose the picture you want off of your phone. It will ask small, med or large. I've always chose medium. After you've done it once it's just like sending someone a picture in a text on your phone.
X2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gergg

I need to learn the new ways to do it....I always take pics with my phone, send to email, save to computer, upload to Photobucket and then post to OG using the appropriate icon.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

HFultzjr

Thank you all.

Very helpful information.

I was under the impression that when you selected "attachment(s)", they were added as attachments. I didn't know they were embedded in the post. My error. Sounds pretty simple as explained.

:turkey2:

Thanks,
Harold

TerryLNanny

I tried the Tapatalk and it works fine, very easy. Thx.
The Gobblers I've had the pleasure calling in have never been the same.