OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

R.I.P. Turkey and Turkey Hunting Mag.

Started by greencop01, May 28, 2016, 10:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greencop01

:camohat: :camohat:   Have you heard, Turkey and Turkey Hunting Magazine sadly is no more.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

SinGin

Um  I think it went out of print about 3 years ago, sad nond the less. Always enjoyd it

West Augusta

It was still available online.  Did they stop that also?
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

fallhnt

With all the Pro's on the hunting shows showing us how it's done I think we'll be ok. :lol:
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Greg Massey

Quote from: fallhnt on May 29, 2016, 08:55:55 AM
With all the Pro's on the hunting shows showing us how it's done I think we'll be ok. :lol:
X2  funny

owlhoot

Maybe a few new ones coming out .

The dusting site!

Reaping 101 !

Long range turkey pursuit, using field artillery for maximum success.  ;D

And using lazer guided , rocket assist turkey guns and loads . Are they right for you???

Dr Juice

T&TH was my favorite hunting magazine. Too bad it's gone!

mgm1955

mikejd

I haven't seen it in a while but it was a great magazine.

Gooserbat

It's been gone for a few years now.  Up to this point they still have done an anual gear special and have a online read.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

stinkpickle

The online version just isn't as fun to thumb thru while sitting on the sh#tter.

quavers59

The last one was in Spring 2013. I also have the very 1st from 1992, I believe. I still think it was a mistake to drop it. The readership must have been huge. I greatly miss that mag and all the great writers.

allaboutshooting

It's become very tough for any print magazine to survive. Advertisers are looking at the Internet and other venues since subscriptions are way down over what they were just a few years ago. The Harris group of  magazines just shut their doors. They had 75 different publications. Take a look at this link and see what we just lost http://www.harris-pub.com/

The same is true of newspapers. I grew up reading 2 daily papers. The Courier Journal was delivered each morning and the Louisville Times came each evening. We still get a daily paper each morning. A day just doesn't seem to start until I've read the paper. Our 2 adult sons however, do not get daily papers and get all their news via the Internet. Many newspapers have gone out of business and others have cut out 1 or 2 days of publishing.

When the circulation falls for any magazine or newspaper, advertisers look elsewhere. Advertisers support the production. Subscriptions are very important. They show the base for readership. It's really the only way to gauge how many people are interested in the subject matter.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

silvestris

They had an issue out this spring.  I browsed it for a couple of minutes in Walmart one day.  I didn't find anything in it that made it worth buying.  There is really not much one can gain from reading a turkey magazine anymore.  The pertinent information has been out there for a long time and there is really little, if anything to add except for another "I was there" story.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

eddie234

I still have a few years of back issues. I like going through them every once in a while.