rick and wes

Started by harvester, April 04, 2011, 05:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harvester

Did you two make it through the storms?

gob09

yep went this morning but the wind was horrible

unclerick

Yeah it got pretty rough here, I was out in it during the worse part of it, I can't remember it ever blowing so hard, the rain was literaly blowing sideways and the wind aslo was blowing the water right off the ground and 5 or 6 ft in the air, Dustin did it get rough in your area?
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

harvester

Quote from: unclerick on April 05, 2011, 07:36:36 AM
Yeah it got pretty rough here, I was out in it during the worse part of it, I can't remember it ever blowing so hard, the rain was literaly blowing sideways and the wind aslo was blowing the water right off the ground and 5 or 6 ft in the air, Dustin did it get rough in your area?
The wind blew hard all day and the storms moved in around 6 last night. The first 20 minutes or so was the worst but after that we had rain but it wasn't real hard. Had alot of thunder and lightning.

mfd1027

Scared the crap out of us.    We abandoned ship and rode it out at a friends house.   We had winds of around 60-70 mph here.  Atlanta had a lot of damage with over 80,000 without power.    No hunting today.   The dang wind blew 25-30 all day long.   It's calmed down now so maybe we'll have a good morning.    It's supposed to be decent weather for the next few days.-  yeee haww!  :z-guntootsmiley:  I can't remember a season starting out with such crappy weather.   
Dan

unclerick

A couple years ago it got bad around here, had tornadoes and high wind, it literaily shut down the turkey season, after that the birds just got quite and scarce.

harvester

You boys hearing alot of birds down your way?  :z-guntootsmiley:

unclerick

Every mourning,,,thier just so henned up right now that they quit gobbleing on the ground and the hens take them out of area real quick.

mfd1027

Rick.  Not that I'm any kind of an expert- lol   My record isn't too good rt. now. lol   You guys hunting as a two man team works really well on henned up birds.    Most of the time hens will lead a gobbler away from aggressive calling but with two of you you can set one guy up to call and the other as the shooter.     :fud: :newmascot:    You guys probably have a pretty good idea of where the birds have headed so one of you gets ahead of them and the other call's aggressively with a lot of loud yelping and cutt'n.    If you get lucky and get to work one of those hens or group of hens that wants to come looking for a fight you'll have that covered too!!!!   
Dan

unclerick

Dan, me and Wes have only hunted togethere 2 times since opening day, we had that senerio happen yesterday, Wes got that hen fired up and wanting to fight and she braught that gobbler within 50yrds thru some thick stuff, then she went quite, next time we hear either one of them , thier 150yrds across a creek and thru the woods, dang it. I had this tom comeing in twice to me this week and both times a hen would go to yacking her fool head off and take him from me, I like hens and all, like to talking to them and watching them but right now their about to get on my dang nerves  :character0029:.

Besides, Wes hates hunting with me, took one of his friends to my 1500 acre spot this mourning, got on some birds a couple times, his friend even shot and missed one, soooo, I guess atleast he saw some birds today. And he is getting hard to live with right now,,,,, :TrainWreck1:

mfd1027

Dang turkeys have been known to break families apart!!!   I'm sure you guys will be all warm and fuzzy once Wes puts the whack on one.   
Dan

gob09

whatever
rick you been killin birds in my lil spot for two years now soo stop cryin abot me taken someone to your 1500 acre spot atleast he'll get out of the truck and walk with me more than 200 yrds

unclerick

Quote from: gob09 on April 10, 2011, 08:06:31 PM
whatever
rick you been killin birds in my lil spot for two years now soo stop cryin abot me taken someone to your 1500 acre spot atleast he'll get out of the truck and walk with me more than 200 yrds
WHAT EVER,,,I told you it was alright to take him, I have been killing birds were you've said there aint birds, and I did tell you about them tonight, hopeing you'd get there in time, and you did see gobblers, did you not?

mfd1027

Dan

gob09

whatever rick congrats on a good bird i hope you kill another this morning

BTW i aint said nothing out of the way about you killlin any birds i have a family and job that does'nt let me take 3 weeks off durring season i barely get to hunt week ends so there ya go
stop whining and go get one of those other two