OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Another round of thanks...

Started by wvmntnhick, May 26, 2016, 05:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmntnhick

I know it's already been done but I feel it's warranted again and I didn't want to just jump in on another thread that someone else had started. As I've stated before, I'm obviously new to the world of custom call. Weren't not for my buddy Happy getting me a nice call as a gift, I'd probably still not be as deep as I am at the moment. Almost wish it hadn't happened at all because it's opened a flood gate. There's a lot of call makers out there that I've not dealt with and I'm sure that the vast majority are really great guys. I've not met a bad one yet. Having said that, I'd like to take a minute and plug a few names and thanks some fellas that have taken the time to deal with me and make sure I got what I wanted instead of blowing money and being unhappy in the end. Here goes:

Mike Yingling
Al and Josh from SS
Jeff Jones (goes by lumberjack on here)
Lonnie Sneed (called to order one call and the man talked me into two)
John Sinclair
Mike from Spring Creek
David Halloran
Richard McKinnis (this is really where it started for me but the gifted Halloran really greased the gears)
Lonnie Mabry

I've personally talked to all but two of these guys but have calls from all of them. I've not been disappointed by any of them at this moment and if anyone has paid attention to any of my posts, you'll know I'm a bit biased when it comes to pot calls. Yingling just makes a call that the turkeys love and produces the exact sound I was personally looking for. I've got a couple boxes coming from High Ridge custom calls and I believe the guy's name is Larry Tacket. If they sound as good as they look, these things could be sleepers. Anyway, thanks to everyone I've dealt with and your time and efforts are much appreciated.

KansasGobbler

nsselle

All great call makers there my man.

MattinIdaho

Nice shoutout!! Good customer service and good guys should get a deserved thanks!!

mgm1955

Congrats!! Nice gesture on your part!!