OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Burris FF3

Started by highball, May 25, 2016, 05:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highball

I am thinking about putting one on my gun.Just wanted  anyones opinion on the pluses and drawbacks of doing that verses putting a regular scope on it.

hookedspur

I have several of them and cant figure out what I don't like....
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

BowBendr

No negatives in my world either. Love 'em !

2015 Old Gobbler contest Champions

reynolds243

No complaints on either of mine I use. Love them

Joshua 24:15
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

Sent from my phone sucka

Farmboy27

Take it from a guy who hates optics or sights on a shotgun, it's a great sight!  Put mine through a lot last year and it's still good as new.

highball

That's what I wanted to hear.As I get older I am having a harder time with just using the bead on my shotgun, especially when the turkey is within 20 yards.

bluegill68

Highball,

I advanced to bifocals 4 years ago and noticed the same thing, as a result I would lift my head a bit to see the bird better and ended up shooting much lower than I like. After reading a bunch here I settled on a FFIII on my Benelli M2 and have never looked back.

TauntoHawk

All my turkey guns have a fast fire on, no draw backs that i've found. Had to switch hit and shoot a bird left handed this year and it would have been a whole lot harder without the simple reddot.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gobble!

No negatives here. I have the guard on mine.

Big Timber

I just ordered one to replace a FF 2 on my 870.   :z-guntootsmiley:

chatterbox

Best turkey sight out there!

Ol timer

Well I was in the same situation last year trying to decide, I always just used a single fiber bead but last at age 60 I need to get a better sight picture, I mounted the FF3 it was easy to see that I made the right choice. Spend the more on it and not a cheap nock off. Good Luck with it.

SKFOOTER

At almost a third of the cost of a FF3 I'd recommend looking at the Mueller Quick Shot.  It comes in black or camo.  :OGturkeyhead:

reynolds243

The issue with the mueller is it sits MUCH MUCH higher then the FF and is much bigger. If those things do not bother you it is a fine red dot for sure

Joshua 24:15
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

Sent from my phone sucka

GSLAM95

FF3 is a great turkey sight!  I had a M2 20 gauge drilled and tapped, added the Marlin base and wouldn't look back as it has worked out great and especially when it's different folks getting behind this gun a lot of times throughout the season.

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.