News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Kansas Rio Recommendations

Started by dejake, May 22, 2016, 06:13:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Britton40

Quote from: FeatheredHat on May 23, 2016, 06:00:37 AM

Absolutely disagree 100%. Bird numbers are way down in several areas and all that public land everybody speaks of gets absolutely hammered. I know several pots of tag soup that are simmering on the stove as we speak. ;)

100% spot on.

duxrus

It wont be getting any better as long anyone who had a decent trip posts it for the world to see, especially naming cities and counties like a moron

turkeyfoot

Notice how this topic has 30 something replies but 750 views. Ks is no longer the spot to go for public land hunting there are better places. We were there for 6 days and one guy we took came home with 2 tags wound up driving 2 hours to hunt and drove many many many miles to find the few birds we did find. As far as outfitters get references and do your home work there are still Rios to be had. Have you thought about Texas no shortage of outfitters and birds there

stinkpickle

I don't know how much they charge, but I'd definitely contact the Hashknife Ranch.

nativeks

Told you. Some boys from AR stopped trying to get back to a piece of government ground they had been illegally hunting. They had driven to El Dorado then worked their way east in 4 days and never worked a turkey. One guy in the hotel they were in had killed one. They were pissed they drove 9 hours and the only turkey they had worked had been in a closed area. Nobody would allow them to hunt either.

I know one public area that is discussing no longer allowing turkey hunting.

J. Adams

Non Residents have virtually eliminated turkeys in many areas, the pure idiocy of people to post exact locations on the internet will never end, 2 month season, a 2 bird limit that isn't enforced, tags that you can print out 1000 if you would like and hunt every weekend and "get your limit", by the time the Kansas pimping game department figures out what happened it will no longer be an issue...as they are gone.
:TrainWreck1:

njdevilsb

Quote from: stinkpickle on May 24, 2016, 10:10:45 PM
I don't know how much they charge, but I'd definitely contact the Hashknife Ranch.

I contacted them out of curiosity.  Apparently their deer hunts were $9K about 7 years ago, so I'm expecting my answer to be a little more than I want to spend but who knows.  Turkey hunts are typically significantly lower in price than deer.

I really want to get a couple of birds towards my grand slam next year and Kansas was on my list for sure.  I would be coming from NY.  I was hoping to possibly start in Colorado for a 3 or 4 day hunt, and on the way back stop in Kansas and do the same.  Roughly 27 hours of driving to Colorado makes me think an airplane is going to be my best bet.  Convincing somebody to make the trip with me is going to be the hardest part.

oliverharrelson

I did an unguided hunt with heartland pride in kansas this year and got two birds the first day.