turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lonnie Sneed...

Started by sixbird, May 21, 2016, 04:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixbird

Ordered a Lonesome Hen, Outlaw Hen, Hot Hen and some glass conditioner stones from Lonnie...From all the talk, he seems to make a great call.
What I can say is, what a nice man. Talks like he's known you for years and listens to your drivel with seeming interest. I like the man!
He's got a waiting list so I'm assuming others think his calls are worth the wait...

hunter22

The first call I bought from Lonnie was a Hot Hen with a leather cover. He charged me $20 and apologized for having to charge shipping. I told him real early on that he was way underpriced on his stuff. He reluctantly raised his prices a little at a time. I have several of his calls and I still hunt that first Hot Hen occasionally. It has accounted for a bunch of dead gobblers and started to seem like an unfair advantage. Lonnie is as good as they come in my book.

wvspitndrum

You can't beat Lonnie Sneed , He is a great man!  Congratulations on the calls , you'll love them ! They are killers !!!!

sixbird

Quote from: hunter22 on May 21, 2016, 04:17:59 PM
The first call I bought from Lonnie was a Hot Hen with a leather cover. He charged me $20 and apologized for having to charge shipping. I told him real early on that he was way underpriced on his stuff. He reluctantly raised his prices a little at a time. I have several of his calls and I still hunt that first Hot Hen occasionally. It has accounted for a bunch of dead gobblers and started to seem like an unfair advantage. Lonnie is as good as they come in my book.

That's what I like, "an unfair advantage."  :z-flirtysmile3:
Yeah, he seems like a genuinely nice man and, like you said, apologizes for any minor inconvenience...Looking forward to an "unfair advantage" with one of these calls he's making me...'Bout time the odds were tilted in my direction!

Happy hooker

How much are the lonesome hen calls

Muzzy61

You got yourself a great selection of calls. They are all pure turkey.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

wvmntnhick

I ordered a hot hen and an outlaw hen from Lonnie several weeks back. He said it'd be near the end of summer before I'd hear anything but it's not like I can hunt turkeys now anyway so...

I'm always baffled at the number of WV fellas producing calls. Seems you always hear about guys down south and out west and then there's Lonnie. I'm looking forward to getting my calls for sure.

As a side not, I'm in no way bashing other call makers or saying they're inferior in any way. It's just nice to hear a big name from the home state.

Fullfan

I had the chance to chat with him last fall. Bought several calls from him. Calls did great this spring.
Would live to meet the man face to face.
Don't gobble at me...

sixbird

I don't recall the prices...I thought he mentioned $30 something and $40 but, to be honest, I didn't care much about the price. Whatever he said sounded reasonable and I just glossed over it. If I had to guess I'd say the Lonesome Hen was $30 but don't quote me.
Easy enough to find out. A phone call will give you that info. and you'll get a nice conversation to boot.
His number is 304-425-3021...

fordhunt

Ive meet lonnie several times . he is a very nice man ,and a awesome call maker . I think he charges $30 for the call $40 with a cover .if nothing has changed . plus shipping ..

HFultzjr

Lonnie is a great guy to deal with (and talk to).
They don't make many guys of his caliber.

dantheman

love my outlaw hen it sings for sure. Mr. Sneed is a really nice guy and a wealth of turkey knowledge.

Mobeardhunter

What's the Lonesome Hen call? I've got an Outlaw and Hot Hen and the Tree Talker call, might have to add this one.

sixbird

Lonesome Hen is a rectangular call with an open bottom. It has a short peg that has a block sort of arrangement instead of the normal long, slim striker. It makes some of the sweetest yelps I've ever heard...
Here's the vid.  https://youtu.be/ztyTD7IXFGw

KYHeadhunter02

Quote from: sixbird on May 23, 2016, 07:01:07 PM
Lonesome Hen is a rectangular call with an open bottom. It has a short peg that has a block sort of arrangement instead of the normal long, slim striker. It makes some of the sweetest yelps I've ever heard...
Here's the vid.  https://youtu.be/ztyTD7IXFGw

I've talked to Lonnie before. But after seeing your video I think I'll be calling him again!