turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A SlingShot Slam

Started by GSLAM95, May 19, 2016, 04:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trkehunr93

Interesting choice of weapon, not my cup of tea but who am I to judge.  I've read of folks bumping turkeys off the roost with the hopes of making the gobbler love sick the next day, never done it but what's legal is legal.  Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rio Fan

Congrats on an incredible season!  :icon_thumright:

Borat

Congratulations on your accomplishment. It's not an easily achieved goal, and yours was made increasingly difficult with the choice of weapon. A lot to be proud of here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lmbhngr

Cross that off the ole bucket list!! Pictures are awesome.T thanks for post :z-winnersmiley:

BBD

I feel even more inferior now...

Congrats on a great season

KYHeadhunter02

Thank you for sharing! Looks like this year will be hard to top. What's the FPS and KE of the sling shot?

GSLAM95

Quote from: KYHeadhunter02 on May 24, 2016, 06:38:30 PM
Thank you for sharing! Looks like this year will be hard to top. What's the FPS and KE of the sling shot?

At 29" draw this slingshot has a draw weight of 42lbs. 
The full length arrow I was shooting weighs in at 498.5 grains which is heavy but the Ethics archery spinning inserts are made of steel and weigh in at 75 grains themselves plus the Guillotines are 125 grain head also.   

This set-up is shooting 160 FPS through the chronograph for a Kinetic Energy of 28.34 ft lbs.

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

SinGin

What a cool new way to hunt turkeys. Ya know it would have been more impressive if you used throwing stars or maybe even spit wads, lol :OGani: Thanks for sharing the pics and stories

hobbes

Congrats on a heck of a good season. :icon_thumright:  Great looking country and great looking birds. I'm assuming that you're an IL resident.  I grew up and lived in Southern IL until 2006.  I hunted the Shawnee in Pope and Massac Counties and miss hunting Easterns there, but sure do love the Merriam's out here.

PM Sent

Bigsho69

Congrats!  Man and I thought I was killing some birds.  Awesome season!  Those are some sweet pics also. 

mgm1955

RutnNStrutn

Not really a sling shot, more like a mini-bow. Either way, it's quite an accomplishment!! Congrats on your slam!! :icon_thumright:

Marc

Very cool photo journal...

I would be curious as to the weapon you used though...  How does it classify as a sling-shot as opposed to a bow and arrow?  Is it capable of shooting other projectiles?  Fill us in on that weapon, as I am sure that it is unique to many of us reading this post...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

GSLAM95

Quote from: Marc on June 14, 2016, 05:39:15 PM
Very cool photo journal...

I would be curious as to the weapon you used though...  How does it classify as a sling-shot as opposed to a bow and arrow?  Is it capable of shooting other projectiles?  Fill us in on that weapon, as I am sure that it is unique to many of us reading this post...

Marc,
My apologies for not seeing your questions sooner.  The "Slingblade" in my opinion is a Hybrid version sling shot.  If you go back to the first page of my post I described the specs and poundage that I am pulling. 

The Slingblade is not your grandpas version of a sling shot for sure but everyone that I have seen shoot this thing for the first time always has a problem setting it down and wants to shoot it more as it simply puts a smile on your face because of it's unique feel.  It's smooth, quiet and quite accurate with some practice.

Tim Wells who is one of the best shot with a bow at moving targets that I have ever seen helped Paul and Skip at Gearhead Archery develop this weapon.  I know there are some upgrades coming out very soon that will make the sling blade even more interesting. 

Here is a link with what Tim Wells had to say about the Slingblade while at the ATA show.  https://youtu.be/r5wty0pLSFQ

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

Marc

Quote from: GSLAM95 on July 02, 2016, 02:34:33 PM

Marc,

My apologies for not seeing your questions sooner.  The "Slingblade" in my opinion is a Hybrid version sling shot.  If you go back to the first page of my post I described the specs and poundage that I am pulling. 

The Slingblade is not your grandpas version of a sling shot for sure but everyone that I have seen shoot this thing for the first time always has a problem setting it down and wants to shoot it more as it simply puts a smile on your face because of it's unique feel.  It's smooth, quiet and quite accurate with some practice.

Tim Wells who is one of the best shot with a bow at moving targets that I have ever seen helped Paul and Skip at Gearhead Archery develop this weapon.  I know there are some upgrades coming out very soon that will make the sling blade even more interesting. 

Here is a link with what Tim Wells had to say about the Slingblade while at the ATA show.  https://youtu.be/r5wty0pLSFQ

I think that Slingblade is perfect terminology for this weapon.  A "mini-bow" capable of "slinging" arrows at over 200 fps...  Impressive and fun looking little weapon.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.