turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Yellowheart Over Black Limba

Started by vt35mag, May 19, 2016, 07:59:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vt35mag

Who has one and how do you like it?  How would you describe the sound/tone of it?  Anyone able to give a comparison between it and yellowheart over walnut?

sbbow

I would like to know as well. Been thinking of a yellow heart/black Limba

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TauntoHawk

I think someone had a sound file of this this combo from SS floating around here recently

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BABS9

I put a sound file up in the turkey call sound file page.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: BABS9 on May 19, 2016, 11:08:27 PM

Its a great sounding file, I have a yellowheart mineral poplar combo from Al thats a great sounding box too.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

silverspur

My go to short box is a Mike Lapp Yellowheart over Black Limba and I don't leave home without it.  Any wood combo is only as good as how the callmaker can tune a call to gain the sound.
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

vt35mag

Quote from: BABS9 on May 19, 2016, 11:08:27 PM

Found it, that does sound sweet.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: silverspur on May 20, 2016, 10:25:20 AM
My go to short box is a Mike Lapp Yellowheart over Black Limba and I don't leave home without it.  Any wood combo is only as good as how the callmaker can tune a call to gain the sound.
X2. Any wood combination in the world won't matter if the call maker isn't worth the ground he stands on. The wood doesn't make the call. That's what a man's hands are for.

vt35mag

I got ahold of Al and will be getting a yellowheart/limba and a butternut/kwila.

mspaci

I have a long box in that combo from Ed Terefenko, lots diff hens & jake yelps in that call.  Mike

KentuckyHeadhunter

Quote from: mspaci on May 24, 2016, 09:49:42 AM
I have a long box in that combo from Ed Terefenko, lots diff hens & jake yelps in that call.  Mike

I'm jealous.  I wanna see that thing!  Ed is one of the best.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion