OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Their woods too

Started by 2eagles, May 15, 2016, 09:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2eagles

I've been struggling in Iowa this year. Filled my season 1 tag the last day. Now in season 4, Murphys Law is giving me fits. Anything that can go wrong has. I have some very good public land I like to hunt. Usually far from the parking lot all by myself. Hunted one of my favorite places this morning, but had to leave early to grill burgers for some family. So I just got back to my truck about 10:30 and darned if a gobbler wasn't lighting up the woods just across the road. Thinking I could be a little late for lunch, I ran over, found a place to sit a gave a few yelps. I thought he was going to attack me and I was going to shoot him in self defence. Then he went absolutely silent?? I knew something was wrong so I stood up to see. Through the timber came two ladies and a little girl probably mushroom hunting. Even though I was / am very disappointed, it is their public land too and they had every right to be there. There's still plenty of season left and killing a turkey is the icing on my cake when it happens.

tomstopper

That sucks, but at least it wasn't another hunter trying to sneak in and kill it before you could..... Hope you have better luck on your next outing.

spaightlabs

Excellent attitude my friend.

Greg Massey

You will get him next, at least your in the right area..

Cottonmouth

I've been messed up in every way imaginable!  2 weeks ago I had a hawk dive down on a longbeard at 50 yds that was coming in. It freaked him out and he ran 150 yds and just sat there for 45 mins. I let him settle down and eventually called him back . He's now in my new avatar.