turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Dip camo

Started by kyturkeyhunter4, May 12, 2016, 10:20:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyturkeyhunter4

Do any of you guys know where a man could get his gun dip. I've got a Stoeger m3500 I'm wonting to dip the whole gun in mossy oak bottomland camo.

cuppednlocked

I just had one dipped in the Original Bottomland pattern by TnT Custom Camo in SC.

Link to thread here: http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,63923.0.html

bigbird

I had Rob Roberts dip my SBE II in bottomland, I don't recommend him! I hunted with it maybe 10 times so far this season and if it keeps coming off at the rate it is in 3 more seasons I'll be rattle can painting it!

reynolds243

Quote from: bigbird on May 12, 2016, 12:05:28 PM
I had Rob Roberts dip my SBE II in bottomland, I don't recommend him! I hunted with it maybe 10 times so far this season and if it keeps coming off at the rate it is in 3 more seasons I'll be rattle can painting it!

id call them then and see what they will do. i had the opposite on the one he did for me, going on 4 years of HARD hunting on mine in the turkey and duck woods and have had ZERO issues. No flaking or any wear showing at this point.

taylorjones20

RR done a good job on my SBE2. I had the stock and forearm done in bottomland.  The cerakote job wasn't as good...
Alive only by the Grace Of God

kyturkeyhunter4

Thanks for the info guys.

mudhen

I'm done with dipping...looking into Ceracote...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

WV Ridge Reaper

Quote from: bigbird on May 12, 2016, 12:05:28 PM

Lol I know what you mean!!! Mine is more sharpie then dip

darron

gander mountain has dipping services.

renegade19

Quote from: gobblegobblegobble on May 13, 2016, 10:13:50 AM
Angert's Hydrographics is local to me, and has done several for me. He has a lifetime warranty on his work. If you're not happy with it, or issues develop down the line, he'll make it right.

This is my Tikka CTR done in Kryptec Reduced, straight from the dip tank.

Looks great!

kyturkeyhunter4

Roost 1

Ethridge Hydrographics in good ol Cadiz KY... Do an outstanding job....

trkycaller

tarjac in new York I just had mine done in bottomland they did a great job.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: mudhen on May 12, 2016, 01:52:12 PM
I'm done with dipping...looking into Ceracote...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X2. Dipping a gun will allow it to rust from the inside out. Many sips will get small gouges, flakes etc. that will allow moisture in. Most won't even realize it's happening until it's too late. Cerakote will seal the gun up tight.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Camo Solutions. 

He's the most thorough and knowledgeable I've found.