turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington 870 youth stock?

Started by arkrem870, May 11, 2016, 06:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arkrem870

I have a rem 870 youth 20 gauge- I'm looking for a 6 position adjustable stock to shorten LOP and be able to adjust as my daughter gets older. Anybody done this?

Greg Massey

From the information i have from this forum, a guy got a Knoxx spec Ops adjustable recoil reducing stock for a 870  12gauge and used a adapter from Mesa Tactical and was able to mount it on a new youth small frame 20 gauge. Both items he bought from Cheaper than Dirt. The stock he said cost around 78 dollars and the Measa adapter was 17.00 dollars.  The Mesa adapter was No. 93890 , so with this adapter i'm thinking you can mount just about any kind of adjustable stock that would fit the 12 ga. to the youth 870 with that Mesa adapter no. 93890.         If you look down thru the forum under 20 gauge you will see a pict. and link on this information. its like on page 3 or 4 i think.. just keep looking under 20 gauge turkey gun.

arkrem870

Thank you for the information. I have 870 youth that's 20 years old and wanting to convert it over so my daughter can use it when she gets a little older

Greg Massey

Quote from: arkrem870 on May 11, 2016, 06:22:43 PM
Thank you for the information. I have 870 youth that's 20 years old and wanting to convert it over so my daughter can use it when she gets a little older
Okay,, if that gun is that old , is it not the same size frame as the 12 ga. receiver ?   The information i gave you was for the new youth 870 with a smaller frame..

trash2

I have a youth 20ga that is from the late 80s. I bought a sureshot and it lines up terrible for me, however after shem ming it with heavy rubber it is usable. Probably sell it soon tho.