OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

"Cool Hand" Luke officially joins the Legion.. with video

Started by wvboy, April 04, 2011, 10:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvboy

I usually don't post much of my own kills up here in the General Forum.. but I am such a Proud Papa I can't help myself on this one.. :)

4/2/2011

This Jake is now one of my most favorite hunts of all time.. good gobbling in Va for Youth Day.. I thought this was a Long Beard the way the one gobbled, until I heard them yelp right before I saw them coming through the woods.. I think Luke Killed the Silent Buddy, I just told him to get on one and take your time and make a good shot.. I get the other one to gobble on video after Luke's was down.. and you tell me he doesn't sound like a longbeard to you..  I finally had to get out of the blind and run him off.. he just wouldn't leave his buddy..

He officially show'd dad up today.. I have never killed one with any kind of archery equipment.. and he kills his first one this way.. we tried to shoot a .410 again before season, but he is just a small framed kid and didn't like the kick.. so we practiced with the Crossbow until we both felt good about it.. Dad was excited and didn't get the best video, I was concentrating on helping him with the Crossbow and reminding him to squeeze the trigger and not jerk it and neglected to zoom in for the shot, but it is still decent footage. I think you can tell in the video that I am more excited then he is.. he is definately "Cool Hand" Luke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PI9hDqAZb8

RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

neal

Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

archery1

Take a kid hunting

sugarray

AWESOME!!!!  Hope to get my son, 6, his first this year as well.  :happy0064: :happy0064: :happy0064:

TRKYHTR

Great job. Luke acted like an old pro. WTG Luke you da man.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Mag10

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Hognutz

Way to go, Luke. That was as good as it gets. My gosh I enjoyed that..Mike :you_rock:

By the way, ''I can eat 50 hardboiled eggs''... :TooFunny:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

RutnNStrutn

ILIKEHEVI-13

wvboy

Thanks everyone.. I just can't stop bragging on him :)

He has been going with me in the woods since he was Five and he is Seven now... he has seen a few die at Dad's hands too.. I guess that is why he was so cool about it.. I'm just afraid that he will think it is too easy now   :o
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

TURKEYSLAYER101

Way to go! Congrats to the young man and dad!   :you_rock:

TURKEYSLAYER 101
Some people hear voices in their heads. I hear turkeys!!!!