turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Took a while but Tagged out in Wv

Started by Captain Hooks, May 07, 2016, 06:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Hooks

It took me 10 days to shoot my first bird but managed to tag out on a good one the other day. With all this bad weather and way to many birds that do not want to play the game it's been a weird year.  First bird I managed to get in between the hens and tom and the second I managed to convince a boss tom that I was better than his girlfriend.  Both we healthy birds weighing at 23.3# and 24.6#.
Not sure how everybody feels about the early season but I'm not a fan at all.  There is only a week left...

10.5" beard
1 1/4" Spurs

10.75 "beard
1 7/16",1 9/16" spurs

Greg Massey

Nice bird, i killed a boss bird Wed.

Happy

Dandy bird and I agree. Season should have stayed as it was. It's just getting good now. Killed a bird the second week and hoping to fill my last tag this week. We will see.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Captain Hooks

It's pretty cool watching flocked birds just not gun hunting them. Unless you have fun hunting them like deer.

tomstopper

SteelerFan

Deputy 14

Dang, must be north of me, spurs on birds in Boone are worn off haha.

wvmntnhick

This season blows. I hate it. :character0029:

Actually, I've had lots of fun. Just can't get a bird to really commit to anything other than coming off the roost and flying the opposite direction at the moment.

eddie234

MDbowman

Congrats Paul on a couple of monsters. You always seem to get the big ones later.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

maytom

sswv

good job Captain Hooks.   I'm in southern WV and my first week was interesting with 1 gobbler, 1 coyote and 4 feral dogs but haven't been able to hunt since. gonna hit it this coming week.

Dr Juice