OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Limb Shooting May Be Legal but......

Started by Nimrodmar10, April 03, 2011, 10:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nimrodmar10

When it's within a few hundred yards of where I'm hunting it really ticks me off. I don't even think 6:05 a.m. is legal shooting time. If you need a Turkey that bad, go to Kroger.
>:(

ericjames

lmbhngr

ericjames

RutnNStrutn

I hate that crap too!! The first hunt I took my girlfriend on this season we heard the same thing. No way in hell any turkey was off the roost that early!!!

Nimrodmar10

Yeah, it was inside the security area. Area 3.

harvester

It probably is agaist the rules but some people don't care as long as they kill a turkey.
It ain't right and I don't care much for it. >:(

chatterbox

Not legal in NH, and even if it was, it's the most dispicable form of hunting there is! I would never take part in that.

JRA

I saw a guy trying to shoot one from a tree with a bow in NH.  Told him it was not legal and was not ethical anyway.  He told me the book states shooting turkeys from a tree was not allowed but he (the hunter) was clearly standing on the ground, the turkey was in the tree.  I didn't even try to explain it as he had already emptied his quiver.

snapper1982

not legal in ohio.  but unfortunatly people do it.. and the bad part is you can report it but it is so hard for the warden to prove it that it hardly ever gets prosecuted... i dont under stand it.. if they are close enough to shoot him off the limb thn y dont they just set out a dek and make a really soft call and he will look see the dek and more often than not he will pitch right in front of them. at least then the bird has a chance to see

PANYHunter

Quote from: JRA on April 04, 2011, 04:54:28 PM
I saw a guy trying to shoot one from a tree with a bow in NH.  Told him it was not legal and was not ethical anyway.  He told me the book states shooting turkeys from a tree was not allowed but he (the hunter) was clearly standing on the ground, the turkey was in the tree.  I didn't even try to explain it as he had already emptied his quiver.
Oh my gosh that is sad but funny  :bike2:

bad0351

I didn't think it was legal anywhere!
Who would do that???

:begging:
Sometimes...all a man has left is his dog.....

cannonball

I wish people had more respect for the wild turkey and not do that. Not very sporting if you ask me.

Nimrodmar10

Yeah, BG, I checked the log book. Only one other bird was killed that morning and I'm pretty sure it was the guy. I intend to have a talk with him as soon as I get a chance. All I'll say is I'm not surprised.

This is the second time I've had some slob hunter shoot one out of a tree near me. The first time it was a bird I had just roosted. I had killed a bird that morning and since you can only kill one a day in Tennessee I went back out without a gun that afternoon to try and roost one for the next day, Sunday. About an hour before sundown I heard a gobbler gobble on a hillside. I eased up to within 75 yards of him sitting on a log and gobbling his head off. I watched him until fly up time hoping he'd shut up before he led some other hunter to him. He probably gobbled 200 times in that hour. Finally he started up the ridge and around the ridge to a favorite roosting spot across a fence where I don't have permission. I heard him fly up less than 100 yards from the fence where I was and he finally quit gobbling. I eased back down the hill toward my truck about 300 yards below. Just as I got to the truck I hear some guy shoot at him in the tree. He misses and fires three more shots as the birds flys away. A minute later I hear him shoot again and it sounds like he's shooting into the ground, probably a finishing shot. It was dark dark by then. Needless to say, I was hacked. I knew who hunted the land so I called him that night. He didn't even bother denying it. P.O.S. is all I can say. Fellows, if it ain't worth doing right, it ain't worth doing.

trkehunr93