turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pennsylvania Spring Gobbler

Started by knifeshark, May 02, 2016, 11:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knifeshark

Got this guy at 6:00 this morning, right off the roost. It was rainy and foggy , but he came a runnin', and I was happy to tag out today. 17 lbs. 4 inch beard. A decent size jake. Shot him at 15 yards with my Ithaca Turkey Slayer, Kicks GT .665 choke, Winchester XR Long beard #5 shot. That shell really crumpled him, dropped him dead in his tracks. I was using a David Halloran crystal mistress glass with a custom made Rosewood striker ,and a Hooks Executioner mouth call.

SS Calls

borderjumper

Very nice.I will be after them again in Crawford county tomorrow. If no luck in the morning will cross over to the Ohio side sine now open for all day.Birds around be now have wanted to play.Will be hunt number 7 with no luck but having a great time since retired and don't have to worry about anything except hunting.

tomstopper

dejake

makes a rainy day a little brighter!

kyturkeyhunter4

steveo

Strut Buster

Ethics & Respect First

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt

TRG3

Glad you were successful. There were probably a few that stayed home because of the weather and missed out on bagging a bird.

albrubacker

Congrats! I will be trying in Snyder co. this weekend.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Tunaguy

Congrats on your bird! What scope you using on your Ithaca? Any problems w/ fogging in this wonderful weather?
PS - Love the the turkey track/flag patch.
" I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

tha bugman

Love those PA birds!  Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk