OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Avian X Breeder Hen Leaking??  (Read 9498 times)

Offline Bowhuntr73

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • "Conflict is the only Solution"
Avian X Breeder Hen Leaking??
« on: April 29, 2016, 09:30:06 PM »
Does anyone know why my Avian X Breeder Decoy leaks??? This is the second one I bought and about after 2 hours the thing loses air. I can't be that big of idiot or that unlucky on this decoy. I am tired of returning them. Are they suppose to lose air after time. My Jake stays pretty intact after blowing it up. What am I doing wrong, HELP !!!!! Anyone else with issue please let me know.

Offline hotrod3h

Re: Avian X Breeder Hen Leaking??
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 08:00:28 PM »
I found out that my jake and hen both are leaking where the decoy stake goes in. I'm going to attempt repairs this weekend with shoe goo. Just a guess but I'll bet that's where yours is leaking as well.

Offline Bowhuntr73

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 08:56:35 PM »
Your right!! The stake hole or cup on one came totally disengaged inside the first hen I got. I sent them emails with no response. Junk!! Now the second one is doing also, I m going to put in bath tub to find leak on second one. We cant be the only ones with this issue!?!

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 09:04:02 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK9pZdGoGFU

Sent from the Strut Zone
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline Bowhuntr73

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 09:39:48 PM »
Hey sir thxs!!! I will try it tomo. Still pretty bad that they know it leaks and continue to make them the same year after year. Ill post my results.

Offline Bowhuntr73

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 08:02:35 PM »
Followed directions- STILL LEAKS!!!!!! Never again will I purchase a Zink anything!

Offline hotrod3h

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 10:09:39 PM »
I put some seal all, just something found cheap. It stopped the leak. Now going to spray some great stuff to make sure never leaks. I'm fine with leaving mine inflated all the time.

Offline Bowhuntr73

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 10:21:13 PM »
Not again with this brand! Get those accordian looking dekes that you can put in your pocket. Just something you pay to not happen???

Offline FXDWG

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2016, 02:46:38 AM »
I had a first generation that failed after two years and wouldn't hold air. The plug came out ofte top of it where the tip of the steak rests. I called them to see if they'd fix it and they sent me a new one straight away. I think I had it in less than a week. They sent a shipping label and I returned the defective decoy in the box they sent the replacement in. I'd recommend calling rather than email. I found the CS to be excellent. God willing, the new one will hold up. I'm considering a jake for my spread.

Offline Bowhuntr73

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2016, 04:06:51 PM »
Hey FX thanks. I called them as you suggested and I got a representative by the name of Ashley. She was great!!! I sent her the receipt and she immediately replied with sending me a new one with a return shipping label. I was actually impressed. I'll just have to keep blowing it up till I get new one. Thanks again!! I also have the jake and this one doesn't leak even after two years so go for it. They are nice when they work!! Kudos to Ashley from Avian X :happy0064:

Offline FXDWG

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2016, 03:19:54 AM »
Good luck with it. Can't wait to try a jake. I have friends who have had their jakes clobbered by gobblers. I hope to see next year

Offline Bowhuntr73

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2016, 09:06:54 PM »
Got replacement breeder hen on Friday. Used it today and no leaks!!!! Good to go and re-instills my faith in customer service.

Offline wernerjd

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2016, 08:19:38 AM »
Dave Smith don't leak. Also American made!

Offline Forked lighting

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2017, 02:31:08 PM »
I bought a gobbler had same problem called they replaced an told me to keep the leaking one don't use it much to bulkly to haul around

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Offline Gawhitaker

• Longbeard
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2017, 07:42:38 PM »
Had a bird spur 3 holes in mine three years ago, shoe goo -d it and it's not leaking yet