OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Let's play a new game

Started by Spitten and drummen, April 27, 2016, 09:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncwoodsman

About halfway home I noticed the game warden following us.

Greg Massey

After talking to the game warden, Bubba decided it's time to give up drinking and go for the treatment of Alcoholism. I wonder if they have a treatment for the addiction of turkey hunting ? See Bubba sister is married to the game warden and she knows he has these turkey craving at the worst possible times.

101st501

Well, Bubba went off to rehab and I decided to check out this farmers 1000 acre farm.  When I got there, turns out it was a llama farm.

Chilly

They are a little stringy, but they should eat just fine!  Depends on how the next hunt goes and how hungry I am....
Can't kill'em from the couch!!!!

Greg Massey

After thinking about the past few days of hunting and seeing all these bulls with turkeys and now these Liama. I decided to go back to lowe's and get some sheets of plywood and make a couple of 4' x 8' silhouette turkey decoys with eye holes and a shooting ports and i will attach a picture in memory of Bubba while he's off for treatment. This will have to be the ultimate decoys for this 1000 ac. farm.

KYFrid

After seing all of the success fanning has had, and it's growing popularity. I thought "what could go wrong".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

After i introduced the turkey fan into the mix things turned in my favor as a big thunder storm came up and it started to rain. Hey this fan works in keep me dry. Did you hear that gobbler he sounded just like that thunder?

Spitten and drummen

I think it's a gobble! I pulled out my trade can lid and used the aluminum ball bat all weather striker and made a few sweet yelps followed with a ear busting cutting. The cutting actually sounded like a kid banging on a trash can lid, but there it was , I'm certain , a gobble.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Greg Massey

Running along the field edge i see a deep gully and a large creek. I'm thinking how can I use this trash can lid and the bat for sliding down the gully and floating across the creek. He's been gobbling for 15 min. he's one hot bird. I've got to kill this one i still have 3 tags left.

Izzyjoe

I was looking for my binoculars, cause I think I see Waddell, and T bone sneaking around the tree line under a cow costume, those sneaky Devils! Thinking how I can beat them to the gobbler, I devised a high tech plan, I hurled my ball bat striker in there direction, and it knocked poor old T bone out cold! Now I Gota say that was a dirty trick, but lucky me its one on one against this old war bird! And I just had another ideal, I still got Waddells phone, and I'll call his wife and tell her I seen him, and some blonde together! Boy when he gets home, the feathers are Gona fly!

Spitten and drummen

crouching in the bushes , I see waddle answer his phone. he has a surprised look on his face and is waving his hand around. he is talking to his wife , I am sure and all the while trying to administer first aid to t bone. I slip on by un noticed and close the distance. then I hear what all turkey hunters dread. up ahead a IED explodes and the gobbler is gobbling no more.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

101st501

I thought I recognized that farmer.  Turns out it was Cliven Bundy.  He was out of the cattle business and switched to llamas.  And that 1000 acre "farm" he owned was actually government land owned by the ARMY that was really an impact zone for ordinance.

Spitten and drummen

I started retracing my steps and came back up on wadell and t bone . I told them I saw everything . this cliven bundy character threw something and hit t bone square in the head , and I heard him dial information and get wadell's wifes phone number , and explained that is probably how everything went down. they bought it and stormed off madder than a wet hen to find mr. bundy and I hustled to my truck and was out of there.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Greg Massey

As i was headed back to the truck i hear bird gobble in the next field. I start belly crawling up the fence row and see a big gobbler all fanned out and moving really funny. I raise my gun up Bam i shoot and this bird doesn't even flop, just falls over. People start hollowing, you idiot you just shot my MOBO GOBBLER TURKEY DECOY.

Spitten and drummen

Startled I jumped up and was running as fast as I could away from the scene when I tripped over a old piece of barb wire fence. I did a nose dive right into a fresh cow patty. Boy did it leave a bad taste in my mouth.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"