OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mosquitoes and buffalo gnats

Started by TRG3, April 26, 2016, 08:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRG3

I don't know how it is where you live, but it's nearly the end of April and the mosquitoes/buffalo gnats have not shown up in my area of Southern Illinois, at least not yet. Generally, by this time of the year if I'm hunting near water, both are abundant and I'm using Buggin's plus being under a head net. I've only seen a few of each and hope they don't materialize. Are you finding the same?

Big perm2

Heck no!! I'm in mississippi and gnats and Mosquitos are terrible!! I'm talking about don't leave home without thermacell bad!!

Talkem into given up!!!

Spurs

Bad bad in south Arkansas too.  They weren't that bad last week in N Arkansas, but it probably is now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This year is going to suck!!!

OldMarine

Mosquitoes are always bad in Bama and the Buffalo Gnats aren't as bad this year, in my neck of the woods.
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so." – Ronald Reagan

Gooserbat

Cut your losses and head for greener pastures.  We got plenty of them and I'd like to share
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Old Timer53

Buffalo  gnats arrived last Sat in West central  IL.
Just in time for my 4th and 5th season.  They were terrible in west central Ms last week.  I was hoping they would not be a problem this year. Between  Buggins  and vanilla  I will survive.