OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rate Your Season

Started by R AJ, April 24, 2016, 11:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey buster

As far as killing my limit it was good, but for the overall season I'd say sub par. The weather and hunting pressure wasn't friendly this season.

turkeywhisperer935

Spurs

Had a great opening week when I left my typical stomping grounds.  Once I got back to S Arkansas....crickets.

Our problem is the AGFCs decision to open season later.  Our turkey numbers were in decline, public property mismanaged, and over run (I blame that on other areas having permit hunting only).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This year is going to suck!!!

Vaughnrp2

I hunt the midlands of SC and it's been ok. I killed two birds and called another to 60 yards but I have not heard much gobbling at all. Everybody I talk with that hunts this area tells the same store hear one or two birds of the roast but by 8am the gobbling is done.

sswv

really slow compared to last year.    1 average gobbler,  4 feral dogs and 1 coyote so far.  our season ends May 14th here and I'm guessing the gobbler action will be better the next two weeks.

best afield

Happy

So far it's pretty normal. The noose seems to be tightening for me. Got to duel a great public land bird on sunday. A half seconds hesitation on my part saved his life. It still stings a little but I will give him another go in a week or so. Really hoping to have one in the bag by the end of this week. We will see.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Fisher62

I killed three here in central Mississippi. But it's been a tough season. Have hunted a ton haven't heard many. Killed my three in the past 13 days. Just couldn't find them early in the season. I know quite a few hunters who are way better turkey hunters than me who haven't heard birds this season. Now it's time to start fishing. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farmboy27

My season hasn't even started yet. But to all those that say they had a bad season but still shot 2/3 birds, all I have to say is I'm jealous. If you think 2-3 birds is a bad season then come to my area where hearing 2-3 birds on hunt able ground is a blessing. Just consider yourselves lucky. I'm getting ready to start the season here and I don't really expect to hear more than 3-4 hunt able all season.

WNCTracker

Best season ever for me!!  Tagged out in sc and nc this year. I Killed my biggest bird yet and had my first crossbow kill.

Hookinembig

I've got one word to describe my season and I gonna spell it out for ya "S A W F T!" Not sure of how many of you guys watch pro wresting but its a saying on there these days. Its been pretty rough for me after opening day where I was able to get a nice gobbler. With only hearing a gobble or two on the roost and no responses to calls from the roost since then its been tough.

coonhunter

Great!  I have seen and heard more birds this year than ever before.  I've tagged out and had two very close encounters with my son almost getting it done!  Now two more Saturdays.  The best way I could top it off is to have him bust one!!!
Joshua 24:15

BDeal

Poor- lost my 3 best spots when some land changed hands and others took theirs out of the forest crop program. Is it almost impossible to get access to decent property in my area.

Hooksfan

I would be interested to know where everyone is located on this thread--Seems to me the folks who are having the hardest time are the Mississippi and Alabama folks.  I have hunted both of states multiple times and I know the challenge of those pine woods and lower numbers than what we have in the Midwest. 
I am originally from Louisiana, and numbers are very low in the Southeast part of the state according to my family.  So far, my season has gone pretty good with Kansas and Missouri Youth Successes, Kansas Tagged out, Missouri regular season with pretty good action--until I had two consecutive hunters this weekend totally whiff on their birds.....Total birds killed in front of me so far this year is 9 along with those two misses.
Hoping to get my brother on some Missouri birds this weekend.

Va3toes

I'll get back to ya in about 17 days. So far not the best but not the worst either.

surehuntsalot

pitiful, pathetic are a few words that come to mind.
on a scale of 1-10  my season has been about a 1
it's not the harvest,it's the chase