OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

It's over (in North Florida)

Started by g8rvet, April 24, 2016, 10:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

g8rvet

Had a good season.  I would say great, but I failed in my primary mission.  Mission one was to get my daughter a bird in front of her.  So frustrating. She teaches school, so could not go during the week.  Had a bird located on public ground - take her, nothing.  Hunts my never fail lease with me - nada.  I had several birds gobbling this year and not once when she was with me. Best she got to hear was a jake gobbled next to us in the swamp.   I did end up tagging out, two very fun hunts - either of which had she been with me, she could have killed the bird.  Both were within her 30 yard range - one was at 25 or less. Not complaining, he came in perfectly across the field, taking his time, strutting, gobbling and I got to enjoy the show. Just wish she had been with me.  I ate tag soup quite a few years by "saving" a gobbler for my son - never would see them when he was with me.  So I took the birds when I could.

Hope you guys that are getting cranked up fill your days with fun, your tags with birds and your fryer with turkey breast.  Have fun and be safe.  I'll stick around and extend my season through y'all.   :jesus-cross:

Now it is redfish and honeydo season. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

RutnNStrutn

Sounds like your daughter is a jinx!!! :lol: ;D :TooFunny:
Keep at it with her, it's gotta happen one of these days!!

Muzzy61

This season went quick. A rough year for me. Between illness and family obligations I only made it to the woods twice. Can't wait for next season to get here.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

g8rvet

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on April 24, 2016, 07:07:18 PM

LOL   Just gotta get her to keep at it.  Mostly just getting her to go every chance she gets.  No sleeping in!
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Jmbradt3873

I know what you mean, I am also eating tag soup this year. The closest I could get one in front of my son was 80yds. But on the plus side, he put on a great show for us strutting and gobbling for about an hour before walking off into the woods continuing to gobble.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

mgm1955

Hopefully next year you can make it happen with your daughter. Something to look forward to.

tomstopper

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on April 24, 2016, 07:07:18 PM
I feel the same way about my nephew when he is with me...lol. Congrats on a great season g8rvet