turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New vest

Started by Gtown78, April 24, 2016, 08:41:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gtown78

Looking to get a new turkey vest. What kind of vest do you use and how much can you carry with you? I like the new ones with the back supports as I have back problems and can't sit to long without.

Tail Feathers

I got the Cabela's Tactical Tater II with the built-in backrest.  It works, but after an hour the seat is so hard it starts to hurt my behind.
I took the seat and backrest off and use the vest with my Gobbler Lounger.  The lounger from Cabela's or Turkey Thug (Wal Mart) is the ticket for a bad back.
I had the BassPro Bucklick Creek vest with the stadium seat for years.  I may get another one and find a good cushion for the seat and try that...
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Marc

I have worn the vests with the "kick-stand" and did not like them.  I would rather have a good vest and a good chair, rather than combine them.

I cannot always do it, but when I run & gun, I look for a tree with a stump or rock in front that I can rest my gun on.  Helps my hide (and I can use a box call a bit easier), and not having to sit in that awkward position and rest my gun on my knee is a lot easier on my back; I can comfortably lean against the tree, and it is somehow less stressful.  Just do not rest your hand on the rock/stump under the gun when you shoot, as that can be unpleasant.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

SteelerFan

Honestly, I really like my tried & true Primos vest. Lots of "cargo" pocket room for hats, gloves, thermacell, etc. plus enough specialty pockets for calls.

Like Marc, I combine this with a comfortable chair (Browning / Alps strutter chair).