turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Submissive vs Upright Jake Decoy

Started by NYlogbeards, April 23, 2016, 04:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYlogbeards

I have a upright Jake decoy and was wondering if a submissive Jake would have any different effect than the upright one? I figure probably not much but have heard some say upright decoys could be alarming... What do you use and what's your experience with an upright and/or submissive jake.

rock54

just my opinion....my wife and i have killd almost all of turkeys over a jake and a submissive hen setup

right now those decoys are a deception jake and a dsd alert hen, put on the ground as in a submissive

position, 2 for 2 last year used a differant jake decoy and this year, 3 for 3 with the decoys above, not

sure if its the set up or the jake, but this year the jake got the snot beat out of him all three times...

good luck in your decision, russ

NYlogbeards

Quote from: rock54 on April 24, 2016, 06:58:41 PM
just my opinion....my wife and i have killd almost all of turkeys over a jake and a submissive hen setup

right now those decoys are a deception jake and a dsd alert hen, put on the ground as in a submissive

position, 2 for 2 last year used a differant jake decoy and this year, 3 for 3 with the decoys above, not

sure if its the set up or the jake, but this year the jake got the snot beat out of him all three times...

good luck in your decision, russ

Thanks for the reply...

I usually set up the decoys the same way as you stated, but sometimes I use a strutter instead of a Jake... I'm not so sure if the set up or type of decoys plays a major role in it i think it is more based on the mood of the Turkey

mudhen

I prefer a submissive or short-staked jake...

My results show me that there is something to using a jake in a non-aggressive pose...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

rock54

have never used a strutter, so i have no knowledge of that kind of setup, agreed that the live turkey

play the other 50% of any set up and who knows for sure what attitude the turkey is in any given day, but

for us the deception jake over the dsd alert hen on the ground in a submissive positon has workd great

with just very little and lite clucks and purrs on my part, again just info and hope this help ya, russ