OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Are the Mississippi gobblers through??

Started by Big perm2, April 22, 2016, 10:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big perm2

For the past 2.5 weeks I haven't herd anything, friends saying the same thing.. What are yall seeing/hearing??

Talkem into given up!!!

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

I know of one place they are still going, other places I hunt are pretty dead.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Cleveland48

Has been pretty much dead here in NE MS. I heard more gobbling the first 2 weeks than I have the rest of the season. Kind of depressing really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PoplarCreek

I hunt in attala/Montgomery county and it had been two weeks since I'd heard a bird Wednesday when I finally got on one to gobble Wednesday morning but couldn't kill him and he had two hens and 4 jakes. Went back Thursday afternoon to a different spot and I got one to gobble at 5:10 and killed him about 6:00 he had  two hens with him.

Cleveland48

I'm about to head out again this morning really hoping I get on one. I killed one opening weekend and I'd like to get another one. I'd settle for a good hunt with a hard gobbling bird even if I didn't kill him. I just like to hear them gobble.

DawgsFan1

I hunt in North MS and it had been dead until this week where I hunt. But this past week has produced a good bit of gobbling where I am.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.

Proverbs 3:5-6

surehuntsalot

birds can be hard headed and funny acting sometimes
here in central Ms. where I'm hunting,  it has been a very dismal season, not much gobbling going on at all, until yesterday morning.
A partner and I heard the most gobbling we've heard all season, so in answer to your question, I don't think it's over yet in some parts of the state, although the season is over come next sunday
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

MouthCaller

Quote from: Cleveland48 on April 22, 2016, 08:01:09 PM
Has been pretty much dead here in NE MS. I heard more gobbling the first 2 weeks than I have the rest of the season. Kind of depressing really.

My cousin got on one yesterday in Prentiss county and sealed the deal... strutted, gobbled the whole deal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Dr Juice

I suspect the moon phases for the past two weeks had a negative affect on the thunder chickens. Good luck to ya.

Cleveland48

Went yesterday morning and it was the most gobbling I've heard all season. Had 3 hard gobbling jakes come in the 17 yards. Then 2 more gobbling birds got to about 150 yards but never could lays eyes on them. Had to leave early yesterday and they were still hammering while I was walking out.

Haypatch

Still hearing birds in my neck of the woods.... was calling for a friend this weekend and heard birds both hunts!

deadbuck

I am hunting N Central part of state and they are not gobbling good on roost, but will gobble some midday and late afternoon. Struck one at 5:20 yesterday and killed him at 6:02.  Have a friend that struck a single bird last Saturday at 2:00 and 2:15 killed him.

Cottonmouth

My brother in law heard 4 yesterday morning in Attala co.