OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which decoys do you all like

Started by luked, April 22, 2016, 08:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luked

I haven't ever been big on decoys in the past but thinking I'm going to try and get some of the higher end decoys to try for next year.
Which do you all like better the DSD or AvianX

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

HFultzjr

I just purchased a Montana Miss Purr-fect.
Seems perfect for what I need and very realistic and portable.
Check Midway USA, as they have them on sale.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/587093/montana-decoy-miss-purr-fect-turkey-decoy-cotton-polyester-and-steel

I didn't receive it yet, but will report back when I get it.
Videos of it on youtube.

2eagles

8 out of 10 guys will say DSD. 1 in 10 says another brand. THEN there's 1 in 10 that knows best and says Avian-X. That's me cuz they work!  :icon_thumright:

MK M GOBL

Easy DSD! It's why every other company compares their decoy to a DSD, own the best forget the rest.

MK M GOBL

KYHeadhunter02

JLH

Deception Outdoors or DSD

I like to buy stuff made in America, by American busines owners whenever I can.

And in this case , they are clearly the best!

Bowguy

stinkpickle

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: stinkpickle on April 22, 2016, 10:12:11 PM
Just get the one that's on sale.
This! You can kill birds just as effectively with a cheap 30 dollar foam as you can with a 100 dollar one. I know guys who still use their old feather flex decoys and hammer birds same as the first day they bought it.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

SteelerFan

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on April 23, 2016, 12:53:51 PM
Quote from: stinkpickle on April 22, 2016, 10:12:11 PM
Just get the one that's on sale.
This! You can kill birds just as effectively with a cheap 30 dollar foam as you can with a 100 dollar one. I know guys who still use their old feather flex decoys and hammer birds same as the first day they bought it.

Yep. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B014G078CM/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1461432409&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=purr-fect+pair&dpPl=1&dpID=41Tr28YC49L&ref=plSrch

Bowhuntr73

Trust me, it isnt the decoys. I have Avian x and Steelerfan will attest that I had to replace the hens from leaks. Not from misuse either. I believe you get what you pay for- just not with this brand. Tried contacting them to no avail. They look great just get use to the turkeys looking like raisins on sticks out there!! ????

HFultzjr

Just got my Montana Miss Purrfect from Midway today.
I must say.....it's pretty dang nice for being on sale $34.99 (I think).
I can now retire some of my Cherokee Sports which have served me well, but are showing their age.
Montana Miss Purrfect is not as compact as Cherokee Sports, but set-up instant. No blowing up.
Much more realistic and can be put in 3 positions.

Triple Gobble

Montana Miss Purrfect gets my vote, easy
To carry, looks real, turkeys love it.  Try
It out, think you'll like it.
Live your life through Jesus, and life begins!!!!

Spitten and drummen

I actually just ordered the miss perfect and the jake combo. I do not use decoys although there have been times they may work. They looked good , seem easy to carry and quick to set up , not to mention they are priced good right now. I will at least have them in my vest and will most likely give them a try next year.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

jims

If I strictly decoy hunted from a blind that was close the truck I would likely invest in DSD's.  I do A LOT of running and gunning so prefer decoys that are more compact and easier to carry.  I've had great results with Avians and the Miss Perfect looks like a great decoy for the price, weight, and compactness.