News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Longbeard with the recurve

Started by JLH, April 19, 2016, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLH

Umm.....recurve limb xbow, that is....hehe

after many seasons of die hard bowhunting without a blind for turkeys, I figured I'd break out the crossbow and punch a tag first, then I can go back to being continously frustrated.

He was putting a hurting on the DSD jake, and had 3 jakes watching the whole show!

After I shot him, the jakes messed with the decoys for 20 minutes....one of them tried very hard to have "relations" with my deception outdoors hen!

Anyways....just over 10" beard and just over 1" spurs.

Sinclair gaboon ebony brass got 'em fired up, and the ol yeller slate walked them right in.

870BkWht

Great bird Jeff.  Did you get him today? 

albrubacker

Nice bird! Were you able to find your arrow? I have been contemplating on taking mine.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

JLH

owlhoot

albrubacker

:icon_thumright: I haven't been able to convince myself to carry it. Scared I will loose the arrow, bad enough using $5 shotgun shells.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

SteelerFan

dantheman

cramerhunts

mgm1955

WyoHunter

Congrats! Beautiful bird and great pic!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

RutnNStrutn

Awesome story!! I've thought about using my Xbow for some turks, but haven't done it yet. What distance did you shoot him at? What broadheads do you use? Great pic too!!  :icon_thumright:

boomer

Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk