OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Where are the morels?

Started by crenshawco, April 18, 2016, 09:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crenshawco

One thing I always enjoy seeing and reading about on here is the morels. Unfortunately we don't have them down here in south AL. Is it still too early or has the weather thrown them off or what?

Happy

Haven't seen any yet. I stink at finding them though. They should be up by now. Some very good eating!

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Cottonmouth

I found a Wal-Mart bag full last year in Nebraska by one stump. A friend of mine from Iowa nearly flipped out when I showed up at camp with them. I've only seen them once in Mississippi about 20 yrs ago. Hope to find some next week by the same stump.

Remturkey

Temps are now right but its really dry, we need rain bad.

catman529

Bad year for em with weather fluctuations since early March. But I have found a few while hunting. Haven't given as much effort as usual to mushroom hunting this year. Happened on a big yellow starting to dry out yesterday while turkey hunting. I'm sure there's a few more out there worth looking for, just can't tear myself away from the turkeys long enough when I lost confidence in this year's mushroom crop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mwr

owlhoot

Quote from: catman529 on April 18, 2016, 11:40:32 PM
Bad year for em with weather fluctuations since early March. But I have found a few while hunting. Haven't given as much effort as usual to mushroom hunting this year. Happened on a big yellow starting to dry out yesterday while turkey hunting. I'm sure there's a few more out there worth looking for, just can't tear myself away from the turkeys long enough when I lost confidence in this year's mushroom crop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same thing for Missouri so far from what i have been hearing , very spotty with a few and there.
I usually get a gallon or so out of my backyard, so far notta.
Last year my big ol turkey vest couldn't hold anymore on multiple days.
Yep, need some morels to go with the crappie and turkey !