Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What's up with the recent hostility on OG!?

Started by WNCTracker, April 17, 2016, 06:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Juice

wvmntnhick

birdman24

Been away for awhile. Kind of stopped following other forums but found my way back here again. I've always liked this one. Even won a nice trumpet several years back in one of the off season games that I continue to use. Good people here most of the time. We all have bad days.

TauntoHawk

there's usually a few grumps around here that think everyone needs to hunt the way they do, but for the most part the people around here are a class act I have phone number for multiple guys to trade sound files and whatnot back and forth. I'd never give out my number on archery talk lol
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ChiefBubba

Quote from: Old Gobbler on April 17, 2016, 08:19:33 PM
Yes indeed .......we don't put up with that here , this isn't one of those badly run bow hunting , or waterfowl hunting forums. , we have one rule here BE NICE

I deleted some posts already , and made some observations........

I can spot a troublemaker 4 times farther than most people can hear a gobble , i could ....write a book on Internet tough guys and know it alls , the Internet is full of punk 19 year olds or people who act like it , archery and water fowling forums are full of these types , where the troublemakers set up shop and run everyone with their know it all negativity ......  Ive seen it all ! So if your trying to stir the pot , save yourself the trouble , I will throw you off ,AND YOU WONT GET BACK ON

If anyone .....sees any posts that don't meet the BE NICE policy pm me privately and I will handle it in a private and SWIFT manner as always ,

I've seen some crankiness recently , I'll chalk it up to some sort of pre or post season traumatic syndrome / cabin fever

Thank you all for your patience and understanding --- Be safe , and good huntin !-- Shannon

Waterfowl Forums????? OG those are only second to here as being the best in the Internet!!!! :):):)
That's an inside joke between OG and me lol. You guys want to see some real drama go over to the Hunting section of Florida Sportsman forums. Lol OG one of the best run out there. Chief

tha bugman

+1
Quote from: wmn2 on April 17, 2016, 07:43:21 PM
I agree as well. I've pretty much ignored any other forum since finding this one because of that very reason. The bickering between internet tough guys gets old quick.

Semper Fidelis

tha bugman

Good to hear and know!
Quote from: Old Gobbler on April 17, 2016, 08:19:33 PM
Yes indeed .......we don't put up with that here , this isn't one of those badly run bow hunting , or waterfowl hunting forums. , we have one rule here BE NICE

I deleted some posts already , and made some observations........

I can spot a troublemaker 4 times farther than most people can hear a gobble , i could ....write a book on Internet tough guys and know it alls , the Internet is full of punk 19 year olds or people who act like it , archery and water fowling forums are full of these types , where the troublemakers set up shop and run everyone with their know it all negativity ......  Ive seen it all ! So if your trying to stir the pot , save yourself the trouble , I will throw you off ,AND YOU WONT GET BACK ON

If anyone .....sees any posts that don't meet the BE NICE policy pm me privately and I will handle it in a private and SWIFT manner as always ,

I've seen some crankiness recently , I'll chalk it up to some sort of pre or post season traumatic syndrome / cabin fever

Thank you all for your patience and understanding --- Be safe , and good huntin !-- Shannon

2eagles

I'm guilty of ignoring most of the "I got one" threads. Partly because our season just opened and partly because, honestly most dead gobblers look alike. I guess I should at least reply with a word of congrats. One day left in Iowas season 1 and it looks like I'll be posting a picture of my unused tag. I'm expecting lots of sympathy from you guys. Get ready to fire up the keyboards.  :lol:

RutnNStrutn

Yeah, I don't understand the hostility. The way I see things, if you don't like a style of hunting, don't do it!!! Seems pretty simple to me. I don't understand when guys rag on other guys about using decoys, or blinds, or fanning, or whatever the case may be. The way I see it is, if it's legal, and you want to do it, go for it!! Not everyone has the same opportunities in terms of time to hunt, good places to hunt, ability to travel, etc. A person that has lots of opportunities can afford to increase their challenges if they want, but I see no reason to criticize anyone for employing a legal method of hunting.
Kumbaya!!! ;) ;D

VaTuRkStOmPeR

It's the new and old generations hunters of turkey hunters clashing.

Not all of us by into the use of technology to make the process easier nor do we all believe that just because something is legal that it's ethical.

As far as less traffic, a lot of the diehards have moved to other forums that are more "purist" in their mentalities.

Greg Massey

"Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seed that you plant. Don't judge anyone for the way they hunt it's just foolish..good hunting

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Greg Massey on April 20, 2016, 05:27:49 PM
"Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seed that you plant. Don't judge anyone for the way they hunt it's just foolish..good hunting
Exactly!!! :icon_thumright:

stinkpickle

I just stopped by to tell y'all that you're doing it wrong.  I don't what IT is...but you're doing it wrong!

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on April 20, 2016, 05:22:16 PMNot all of us by into the use of technology to make the process easier nor do we all believe that just because something is legal that it's ethical.
Legal sets the boundaries of your choices. Ethics are a personal choice. What you think it ethical and what others think is ethical can be completely different. Ethics are a personal choice. Who is to say if your style or my style of hunting is ethical? You? Me? Someone else? No. It's a personal choice based on the way you were raised and taught. The game warden is the one who says if you were hunting legally or not.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: stinkpickle on April 20, 2016, 06:20:34 PM
I just stopped by to tell y'all that you're doing it wrong.  I don't what IT is...but you're doing it wrong!
:lol: ;D :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: