crow call

Started by Prohunter3509, April 15, 2016, 09:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prohunter3509

Just got my Gibson crow call
I know it's a lil late dang that sounds like a crow lol
Wish I had bought this earlier

spaightlabs

I've seen/heard crows caw 20 yards from a gobbler and not have the gobbler make a peep...

Hope the call works better than the real thing.   ;D

Gobble!

Quote from: spaightlabs on April 15, 2016, 09:42:18 PM
I've seen/heard crows caw 20 yards from a gobbler and not have the gobbler make a peep...

Hope the call works better than the real thing.   ;D

I've heard hens yelp with 100 yards of a gobbler and him not make a peep but I imagine you still yelp.

turkey buster

I've seen gobblers not gobble all day!!! But I bet I ain't the only one lol

catman529

Quote from: turkey buster on April 15, 2016, 10:24:42 PM
I've seen gobblers not gobble all day!!! But I bet I ain't the only one lol
x2

last Tuesday was very quiet, except for one bird that shock gobbled at a crow. I got him to gobble at my yelps, but then he went quiet again and never showed up.

Yes turkeys will gobble at crows, not all the time, but often enough that I carry a Primos crow call in my pocket. Sometimes the real crows are enough to get one to gobble without me even doing anything but listen. I still use a few loud yelps or cutts more often as a locator though.

DirtNap647

I've learned louder the crow the more eeffective it is

Tennessee Lead

I use a Down N Dirty "Heckler"
It's the loudest shrill sounding call I've ever used.
It produces gobbles for me

Bowguy

I often use locators, the Gibson crow and Harrison hootin stick being the main two. I've got a couple Gibson crow calls n they definitely work. Nothing in turkey hunting works every single time, thank God for that Itd take the fun out of it. Gibson calls are great

Dr Juice

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't like every call in your vest. I will not leave home without it.

maytom

Quote from: mlisandro on April 17, 2016, 07:22:52 AM
Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't like every call in your vest. I will not leave home without it.

Ditto!!!

That being said, I like the sounds put out by the Primos "Old Crow" call best.

g8rvet

I have the Hammering Crow  by HS Strut.  Do not remember where or when I bought it.  It has helped me kill 2 birds beyond a shadow of a doubt.  It is always in my vest.  I like the tone and enough gobblers have shock gobbled to it, I know it will do the job. I like I can blow it soft or crazy loud.  Works for me.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.