OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Cherokee sports decoys?

Started by supremepredator, April 12, 2016, 01:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supremepredator

These any good? You can fit them in your pocket and they are cheap, but what happens when they take a bb or a gobbler beat down? They look pretty realistic and it looks like the material they're made out of gives them a shiny appearance like a real Turkey's feathers.
"Save the habitat,save the hunt"

eddie234

I have them, I use them mostly if I'm moving a lot. They are lite weight and fit into a small mesh bag. They would certainly deflate if hit with a bb or got into a fight.
They have a patch kit that comes with them. I got mine at wally world after season cheap.
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

wvmntnhick

I've used them for several years. Durability isn't great. Gotta be real careful. Make sure you kill the bird before it gets close to the decoys. A stray BB or some vigorous thrashing, it's done. I don't care how good you think you can patch it. For the most part, I've got no complaints but this is something to consider.

darron

I've got the full strut bully bad act and like it.

jed clampett

I have killed 2 gobblers over a upright hen...i blow it up tight before I go out...put the head on it when you stake it..or you might lose it

jims

You get what you pay for!  They are super light and compact...but cheaply made.  They also shine in the sun.  Avians are a lot more realistic.  I'm sure they work but if I'm sitting in a blind for hours I'd rather have confidence that decoys I'm using are realistic and toms/hens won't be holding up once they see them.

WNCTracker

I had 3 of them, the heads look very real and I had several birds come in to check them out, hens and Toms both.  But as stated you get what you pay for and they simply don't last.  After 1 season:  One decoy head falls off, all 3 had holes in the top of the back, were patched and had new holes,  and deflated after  being setup on a hunt at different times of use, and all 3 had broken brackets where the "leg" inserts into the back.  They work, but are basically disposable decoys.  Mine are now pool toys for my kids....

trkehunr93

I have the jake and hen with the taxidermy heads, I like them.  Very easy to transport and effective

WyoHunter

Normally I don't use decoys but when the hunting gets slow I'll put them out in a field and call every once in a while. I've only used mine twice but last year two big gobblers came running into to see them from about two hundred yards away. A load of  Hevi-13 7's ended his day. Like has been noted they are lightweight, cheap and don't take up much space in my vest.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

coyote1

I have killed two over these decoys. They work well, just have to be careful with them. Mine are going on 3 years with no issues.

Gooserbat

I've used them and they work but just be careful and don't forget that if they get a pin hole they don't work. If they do its an easy fix but they are useless unless fixed. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.