turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tagged out in S Carolina!!

Started by RutnNStrutn, April 10, 2016, 03:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

wytrat785

Nice! Thanks for sharing your story.

RutnNStrutn

Tail Feathers

Congrats Jim!  That's a real nice bird and using your Dad's gun will make him an extra special memory. :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

taylorjones20

Congrats!  I've got a gun that looks really similar to that one.  It's an A5 light twelve...
Alive only by the Grace Of God

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Tail Feathers on April 18, 2016, 09:07:26 PM
Congrats Jim!  That's a real nice bird and using your Dad's gun will make him an extra special memory. :icon_thumright:
Thanks David!! It truly was a special hunt to me!!

Quote from: taylorjones20 on April 19, 2016, 10:12:53 AM
Congrats!  I've got a gun that looks really similar to that one.  It's an A5 light twelve...
Taylor, that is exactly what this gun is!! An A5 Light Twelve. My Dad used it for years duck and upland game bird hunting. Many a morning I took Dad's gun apart, cleaned it, lubed it and reassembled it for him after duck hunts. About 25 years ago, he sold it to a friend of mine at my FD. He in turn sold it to his brother a year later. After my Dad passed 3 years ago, I tracked Dad's gun down and bought it back. This was the first gobbler I've taken with Dad's gun. A very special gobbler to me.

WNCTracker

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on April 10, 2016, 03:41:02 PM

He was the first gobbler I've taken with Dad's old gun that I tracked down and bought back after Pop passed away. :icon_thumright: It was an emotional harvest. I finally got a gobbler with my Dad's gun!! I knelt over the bird, looked towards Heaven and said thank you to my Dad. I know he was watching over me, and was

That's a special feeling I can relate to. Good for you and congrats.

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

RutnNStrutn

Thanks guys!! It was a very special hunt for me.