OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Wisconsin Youth Season Opener!  (Read 2901 times)

Online MK M GOBL

• Double Beard
  • Gobbler Guru
Wisconsin Youth Season Opener!
« on: April 09, 2016, 10:08:03 PM »
Took a young man out on his first hunt and had a tough morning... We got to our blind and another "hunter" intentional parked his truck 30ft from our set, there is an easement road back to the property he hunts which crosses just behind us. So after dealing with this, the other "hunter" left our set and we did a little run & gun, spotted a couple of birds and moved in. First set on them we had 3 jakes come in but from behind us and no shot opportunity. I said we need to move in on them, made the move and I hit the Cody, bird hammers back, hit it again and he's on his way. Set out a couple of DSD's quick and set down, this was Ryan's first hunt and here we are on the ground tucked up tight to a tree. Hit the call again and the bird is almost on us, I hear him spit-n-drum give  him a couple of soft purrs and he is in the field and hammers it again. Ryan held still as the gobbler came in strutting, danced his last dance around the jake decoy and Ryan put him down at 15 yards. 1st bird for this young man!

MK M GOBL

Online MK M GOBL

• Double Beard
  • Gobbler Guru
Re: Wisconsin Youth Season Opener!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 10:13:04 PM »
Here was the start to our day...

MK M GOBL

Offline mgm1955

• Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Wisconsin Youth Season Opener!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 09:54:48 PM »