turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Wyoming Merriam's Success

Started by WyoHunter, April 08, 2016, 12:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyoHunter

I called this gobbler and three of his buddies back to me after coming in the first time and not being able to shoot because they were all strutting and too close together for me to shoot. They were with some hens and I didn't think they would come back but after some aggressive calls on my mouth diaphragm they slowly made their way back. My 12 ga. Beretta shooting Hevi-13 7's at 39 yards did the trick!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

MerriamMac

wvhoyt19

Congratulations!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marshboy

Very nice, Bob!!
Good luck with the rest of your spring!!
Greg

cramerhunts

Congratulations on a very pretty bird!

spaightlabs

SteelerFan

GobbleNut

Congratulations on a fine looking gobbler.
...I didn't realize Wyoming started their spring season so early,...I'll have to keep that in mind for the future.

harleytom

Devastator

Beauty,going to get me one of them white tip birds someday!!

Sand Man

Very nice.  Only bird I like to complete my slam.  Headed that way in May to try and get it done.   :z-guntootsmiley:

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

Rapscallion Vermilion

Congratulations on a fine bird.

Quote from: GobbleNut on April 08, 2016, 09:11:11 AM
...I didn't realize Wyoming started their spring season so early,...I'll have to keep that in mind for the future.
I had the exact same reaction.  Wheels turning ...   :)

WW

Nice bird! I can't wait to return to Wyoming someday. I hunted Hulett last year and that was some of the most beautiful country that I've seen and hunted. The white tipped Merriams strutting around those hills is something to see.

hobbes

That's awesome Wyo!
I'm starting tomorrow with my youngest son if I can get over this sickness (been sick since Saturday).

Gentry