OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Who is still waiting?

Started by AC HAMMER, April 07, 2016, 11:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AC HAMMER

I'm from the great state of Ohio and I am going crazy waiting for our season to open up on the 18th! I have been seeing people from Florida and Alabama and many other states posting birds and it has me itching to get out in the woods. Who else is still waiting on their state season to open and how long do you still have to wait?

Happy

Hunt WV and MD here. Waiting on the 18th as well. Do get to take my son out for youth season  on the 16th. Have a bird targeted and just waiting for the bell to ring.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

chatterbox

I have till May 3rd. Long wait.

spaightlabs

2 more sleeps for me.  April 9 at 5:56 I have an appointment with Mr. Tom.

Tail Feathers

I'm in East TX and we don't open until April 15.  I'm further south that half of MS and have to wait until the breeding cycle is almost over to even start the hunt.
They do it to keep many birds from being killed because the Easterns here haven't taken hold like they thought they would.  Many counties around me closed the seasons to do some super-stocking.

I'm cheating that date a bit, I head to TN to start a hunt this Monday. :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

TRG3

FYI...Here in Southern Illinois, on a clear 35 degree morning this past Tuesday (April 5th), the gobbling started at 6:00 a.m. and I shot my gobbler at 6:30 a.m. after he flew down and came 100+ yards. I had my decoys set up by 5:30 a.m. and wouldn't have wanted to be in the fescue field any later.

OldSchool

And waiting and waiting. ;D May 1st. here. Once we get down to a couple weeks, it seems to fly by. Before that it really seems to drag.

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

buck_hunter21

Quote from: AC HAMMER on April 07, 2016, 11:15:17 AM
I'm from the great state of Ohio

I'm still waiting for IN to open. What part of OH are ya from?
Spill Blood

TauntoHawk

boy in PA and NY we got weeks left to wait yet
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Chilly

I'm waiting (April 16th KY)but the early youth season being successful really takes some of the pressure off! 
Can't kill'em from the couch!!!!

NYlogbeards

NY here and waiting til May 1st, my Turkey fever is so bad right now.

OldSchool

I forgot to mention above that I'm located in the not so great state of NY.

Bob

AC HAMMER

Quote from: buck_hunter21 on April 07, 2016, 12:01:54 PM
Quote from: AC HAMMER on April 07, 2016, 11:15:17 AM
I'm from the great state of Ohio

I'm still waiting for IN to open. What part of OH are ya from?

SW brown county to be exact

Ozark870Hunter

11 days left till the 18th here  in MO as well. At least I get to take a youth out this weekend.
Dates are wrong. Taken 2 weeks ago.
I'm chomping at the bit!
United Front Armory
Custom built firearms
Top quality cerakote applications
https://www.facebook.com/UnitedFrontArmory/

OldSchool

Thanks for posting that picture and the best of luck this weekend. :icon_thumright:

Bob