OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Who is still waiting?

Started by AC HAMMER, April 07, 2016, 11:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JK Spurs

Home state of PA, April 30th so to pass the time I'm heading to WV for their opener on April 18 & 19 and then to Missouri for 3 days the following week...back in time for PA to start.
I like my turkey well peppered

jonhaga

April the 9th here in VA weather not looking so hot though

bigbird

Next Saturday for me, Kentucky season opener. Can't freakin wait!!

Hookinembig

One more day. At this time tomorrow I will be in the woods with the TSS loaded up. Freezing temps, rain, and high wind won't keep me in the bed. Hopefully it slows down some others though. Good luck to all the guys in VA tomorrow and you can't kill them from the bed.

captpete

Here in Iowa youth season opens tomorrow(April 9th). I taking the wife first season which starts on the 18th. I'm hunting 2nd season and that starts on the 22nd.

Cut N Run

Tomorrow in N.C.is the opener.  I don't have high expectations because work and bad weather have kept me from listening lately.  I'll head to a likely area and take my chances.

As bad as it is that some of you guys have to wait to get started, it sucks equally as bad to hear that your season is still going strong when it's done here.

Good luck no matter where you hunt or when you start.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

BBD

AR youth hunt is this weekend, we are ready too!  I am not as confident as I've been in the past due to the hours I've been having to work have really cut down on my scouting time.  Also appears are numbers are down which is not good combination at all.   Good Luck to everyone this weekend. Hold it on'em!

wvmntnhick

Taking my niece on youth day (16th) but I'm going a bit stir crazy right now waiting for the 18th. Can't stand it at the moment. Sad thing is, our season in WV is opening a week earlier than normal and I'm still going nuts. Hunting Maryland this year as well if everything works out and I can get both of my WV birds. Watching these birds strut in the field right now isn't helping either. Almost wrecked this morning coming to work watching a big boy do the dance.

OldSchool

I'm beginning to get a little worried. We're getting a new mobile home this spring and it was supposed to be happening in April, but they keep putting us off. I'm afraid it will all come together in May and as much as we're looking forward to it, it will screw my turkey hunting all up. They figure 2-3 weeks to tear this one down, pour a pad, getting the new one here and setting it up. We'll see how it plays out.

If worse comes to worse, I don't know how much I'll be able to hunt and I'll have over an hour drive to hunt here around home, but I'll be out there when I can. I've got some state land in mind too, between here and where we'll be staying. I've never hunted it, but I'll check it out and do whatever it takes to be able to spend as much time as possible hunting. Who knows, it could end up being June before they get to us.

My girlfriend stays with her mother quite a bit due to mom's health problems, so I'll have to take the dog and cats with me. If it wasn't for having to take care of the pets, I'd be living under a tarp out here somewhere and hunting every day. Like I said, we'll see what happens. Fingers crossed.

Bob

Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

Dtrkyman

I start the 11th, going crazy waiting, and to top that off with some delays my new roof is going on next week and my leases is 3 hrs away.  Guess i am going to have to trust the roofer to get things done properly and make a trip back to pay him when he is done.

I have 2 tags for next week so I think I am going to hunt with the gun unless I get lucky and do not have to sacrifice a day, weather is looking good!

Did make it out for youth season in some horrible conditions and a friends boy killed a jake!

Fortunately for the next month and a half I will mostly be in the turkey woods, Il, Missouri and Nebraska!!!

dejake

I couldn't wait, I had to take a trip to Florida.  Home state opens tomorrow, with 30 degrees and snow.  Can't wait!

Full strut

Arkansas has 1 more week to go!

ruination

18th in MD.  Fired up.

The only problem is Rockfish season opens on the 16th.
.410 Favors the Bold

Yoder409

April 30 here in PA.  But I ain't waiting.  Headed to west Texas to chase some Rios 18th-20th.  The back home to take my little gal out on youth day here.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

870FaceLift

Yep.  Close, but still waiting for OH and WV
Pass it on...