turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Painting an 870 20ga.

Started by Sand Man, April 06, 2016, 10:04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sand Man

Finally got around to painting my dad's gun.  Not real excited how the tracks turned out, but the camo is probably one of my favorites so far.  He likes it, so that's all that matters.

In process...

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

Sand Man

Loaded him up 25 of these...

Guns throws one of the most even patterns I've tested yet at 40 yards.....260's in the 10" and 20" circle for 520+ hits.

Clear coat is drying.  I'll try to get some assembled pics before he runs off with it.

Tom Foolery

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

dantheman

cutt down

Dr Juice

You will get my vote for 2016 Son of the Year. Great job. I can't wait to see the pics of it assembled. Good luck.

Sand Man

thanks.  got it put together last night, but it got dark before I could get some pictures.  I'll try to get him to text me some when he gets back to MS.  It turned out pretty nice I think.

longislandloco

Looks good to me! Happy shootin'.
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe

chatterbox

Looks great, Sand Man, as always!
You're a great son,and best of luck to you and your dad this spring!

SteelerFan

tree-rat sniper

That looks awesome!  I love seeing custom painted scatterguns.   :icon_thumright:
NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!

albrubacker

Very nice! I really like your camo.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Sand Man

Thanks!

Dad isn't great with technology, but here is the gun assembled.  I like the way the camo turned out, but I hate how the tracks ended.  Wish I had black webbed them with the rest of the gun then clear coated it.

Spring Fever

That really turned out looking really good!!