OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Your Best Gobbler Yelp

Started by Cutt, April 05, 2016, 07:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cutt

What call do you aquire the most realistic gobbler yelp with? Mine seems to be the most realistic with a boxcall.

BowBendr

Box call closely followed by a Primos True Double diaphragm.

2015 Old Gobbler contest Champions

OldSchool

Box calls, pot calls with the right striker, wingbone, mouth calls. I've got a Raspy Old Hen diaphragm made by Steve Oakman (joker) that makes nice sounding gobbler yelps and clucks, as well as hen hen calls.

Bob 
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

SteelerFan

Box or slate pot played closer to center

Farmboy27

Marc

Anyone have a link for soundfiles with jakes or toms yelping?

Can't say I have ever heard one, but not really familiar with the sound, can't say I have not either...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

SteelerFan

Quote from: Marc on April 07, 2016, 11:12:32 PM
Anyone have a link for soundfiles with jakes or toms yelping?

Can't say I have ever heard one, but not really familiar with the sound, can't say I have not either...

Scroll to the bottom of this page: http://www.callingallturkeys.com/#!vocalizations/cb5a

Bill Cooksey

Most of the mouth calls I use will make a good gobbler yelp. Tube call is a close second for me.

wvmntnhick

Box call and my Yingling aluminum it came half sanded half blasted. I hit part of the blasted side with a piece of scotch brite to get a different tone from the sanded side and left the middle of the call blasted. That blasted part produces a great low tone gobbler Yelp.

boatpaddle

Rodger Parks Gobbler slate.

A gobbler wing bone.....

A Gulvas double.....
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

Triple Gobble

Live your life through Jesus, and life begins!!!!

Pettit877

Gooserbat

Very loosely stretched V cut diaphragm.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.