turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

fiber optic sights

Started by Lon0121, April 02, 2011, 03:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lon0121

i have the clip on fiber optic sights for my mossy 500!  what kind of sticky stuff do i use to install it?  i figure super glue would be a bad idea?

also how far apart should the 2 sights be from eachother??  i have a 28in barrel
Quaker Boy pro-staff
mossy oak pro-staff

bawana

Those are made to just clip on with no glue. I would attempt to sight your gun in with them, you can move the back sight forwards or backwards to adjust elevation. Then I'd stick a spot of super glue on it to hold it in place.  :anim_25:

Skeeterbait

You are talking about the ones without elevation adjustment right?  You can achieve a bit of elevation adjustment by moving the rear sight forwards and back on the rib.  Good double adhesive THIN foam tape will help keep it in place.  But first cut a bit of tape without removing the liners and use it as a shim under the sight.  Find the best spot by shooting and adjusting before sticking it down.  Then mark the spot on your rib.  Afterwards stick it down with the tape on your mark.  Marking the rib will allow you to verify it hasn't moved or replace if it gets damaged.

Lon0121

OK thanks

the rear sight?  is that the sight closest to my face??

to achieve elevation, move it closer to my face??  the sight at end of the barrel is lined up with the bead and the sight closest to my face is about behind the second bead.

they dont stay snug when clipped on,  so i will have to get something a lil sticky but without hurting the barrel!
Quaker Boy pro-staff
mossy oak pro-staff

Skeeterbait

Yes the rear sight is the one closest to your face.  Move it toward your face to raise the point of impact.  Yes, they will slide without a bit of tape.  And marking the barrel will give you piece of mind that it hasn't moved.  Thin foam tape can be bought at Lowes or similar stores.

Lon0121

exactly what i was looking for!~  thanks and god bless!

lonnie
Quaker Boy pro-staff
mossy oak pro-staff