OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Beard and spurs

Started by TauntoHawk, April 04, 2016, 06:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

Do you guys keep the beard and spurs together from each bird you do you display them separate.

Ive always kept them together but I got some beard board displays that don't have anywhere for the spurs so I'd have to do something else with the spurs.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

maytom

This is one way I display my spurs.

renegade19

TauntoHawk

Quote from: maytom on April 04, 2016, 07:00:33 PM

You make that? Very nice, I like it alot

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tomstopper

Keep the beards with pics and the spurs just get thrown in a jar

Bill Cooksey

Spurs are my favorite part of a turkey. I have a couple of strings, but most of them are in little piles of whole legs (make great back scratchers). I don't throw beards away, but they seem to disappear.

hs strut

i prefer to keep the beards and spurs together.
may god bless the ethical and responsible hunters and to everybody kill a big one.  jerry

Greg Massey

I try to keep the spurs on a long leather string and the beards are all keep in a plastic shoe box..I keep all my fans in a large box separated with cardboard..

Happy

Got beards and spurs scattered throughout the house. I don't keep them paired together. Try to keep them all but I have lost some over the years.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

mgm1955

Quote from: maytom on April 04, 2016, 07:00:33 PM

Great looking display!

wvmntnhick

Mine of recent years are kept together but some have been misplaced in the past during moves and whatever else. Think I'm going to set something up and start leaving them at the camp. It's stationary unlike myself. Planning another move real soon so hard to tell where some will end up at that point.

Gooserbat

Nah, Infact I couldn't tell you a single set of all I've killed.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

va_jon

bammerslammer 50

I keep mine together along with the brass from the shell I shot it with

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Dr Juice

Quote from: bammerslammer 50 on April 05, 2016, 05:27:22 AM
I keep mine together along with the brass from the shell I shot it with

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
That is a cool idea. Can you share your procedures for doing it? I'm sure you have simplified the method over time.